Home again........

theresak
theresak Member Posts: 1,998
edited 11. Jul 2015, 11:39 in Community Chit-chat archive
.........after our 17 days in the Portuguese sunshine. We had a really lovely time, catching up with our Portuguese friends and making new ones. Our two neighbouring families were from Lisbon, so thanks to their fluent English, we spent many nights talking & drinking wine, which was very pleasant.

I did lots of swimming - hopefully no stress on the joints. It was only 14 when we left here, and 28 on arrival, so took us two or three days to get used to the heat. Temps climbed to 40 while we were there, which is a tad hot, but we were sensible I hope.

I`ve always `done my homework` before going on holiday, especially to somewhere new, so I found the Scottish family we met at the pool a bit strange. They`d never been to Santa Luzia before, and after 24 hours had decided it was `dead,`( very quiet, which is why we like it.) There was nothing to do - acres of beach across the lagoon, reached by the little ferry.Tavira - historic and beautiful. They complained that all of the restaurants served mostly fish - it`s a small fishing village - so no surprise there. The kids wouldn`t eat fish without batter, and they couldn`t find anywhere serving pasta. Nick said they should have gone to Italy if they were desperate for pasta!Honestly, you have to laugh. The fish was always freshly caught, and beautifully cooked, and the little Mercado sold pasta if they were desperate.

Back home now, and memories a plenty.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That sounds like a result – or several, Tezz. The place sounds idyllic and the Lisbon 'neighbours' interesting.

As for the other family – we, too, know someone who travels widely but wrapped up tightly in England wherever he goes so he never really gets to appreciate all that other lands have to offer. If they don't do fish and chips and skye TV they're no good :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It sounds perfect. Who needs thing to do when they have such beautiful scenery and peace and quiet.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein