Discharged!

Options
jamart
jamart Member Posts: 27
edited 14. Jul 2015, 10:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
Been to see my consultant today and after having my subtalar fusion operation on the 5th January he has now discharged me! It's been a long slow recovery time but well worth it, am now walking without a limp and virtually no pain! I apparently have a two dimensional titanium screw in my joint, state of the art technology according to the consultant! :D Still having physio to help get the muscles and ankle joint working to its full potential again, but am one very happy bunny!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Congratulations, jamart, that is very good news and I hope all continues to go well; no limp and hardly any pain is certainly a result and a deserved reward. :D Good luck for the future. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Congratulations, that's wonderful news. Hope you are going to celebrate.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Oh good! We do love the success stories :D You have put in the hard work and are now reaping the benefits of it. Well done!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Well done keep up the good work xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    This is great news and a well deserved "reward" for all your hard work. It's been a slog for you but hopefully you're beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Well done.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!