Ll*yds pharmacy and repeat prescriptions

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
edited 16. Jul 2015, 04:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone else had problems with their 'new, improved' system?

For years I rang when I needed something (apart from the meth for which I've to go through my surgery), they got the script from the surgery next door and I picked up my meds two days later.

Now they want to simply ring me to tell me when I can pick up my next lot of meds. Sounds good. But isn't.

I explained I don't take all the meds exactly as prescribed and am not intended to so I don't need them all every month ie I'm written up for an arm-breaking bottle of Gaviscon but I only need it rarely, not monthly. I'm written up for maximum cocos but normally only take two a day.

I was told I'd have to keep ordering by phone. No problem.

The Friday before last I ordered some Calceos and Omeprazole. Ready Tuesday, I was told. But when we went on Wednesday to collect them I was told I'd never ordered them. I knew I had but I had enough pills left to just re-order. When I picked them up last Friday there were two lots of both with two repeat prescription forms one of which was made out on the day before they'd assured me I hadn't ordered any. :?

My pharmacy tells me the new system is nationwide and not of their choosing. Has anyone else had problems with it?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I haven`t had those problems as such, but we stopped using ll**ds a while ago, as three successive times they couldn`t give me my whole prescription, which meant going back the following day or so to collect the rest of it. They always seem to be short of at least one item.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I don't have a Ll**d* in my town. It is a problem from my surgery I have been experiencing, I don't think they have been listening when I have been ordering my prescription it has sometimes taken me a week to get some items. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    I order my meds using my surgery's website, the prescription goes to my local - independent - pharmacy and I collect my meds from there. Any issues I've had have been down to the Surgery playing silly beggars and challenging the timing of my request. As soon as I speak to them, this issue is resolved and the script is ready within two hours.

My partner used to use Ll**ds as his pharmacy. He left them when they were insisting he gave complete control to them. I suggest you may wish to find another pharmacy which may suit you better.

Let us know how you get on.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Sarahd1609
    Sarahd1609 Member Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm very lucky as a different brand of pharmacy is based in my surgery and is run by a friend of mine who is the pharmacist so he knows which ones to order for me, or I can call and they'll do it for me. I just wish my prescriptions would come in sync as I am ordering something every week xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I've used them for years with no problems and, as they adjoin the surgery whereas others are down the High St, changing wouldn't be so simple. I shall give them the benefit of the doubt for now but today I handed in a detailed description of all that had gone wrong. Next time I'll tell the docs instead :mrgreen:
    Steven Wright
  • pot80
    pot80 Member Posts: 109
    Options
    My repeat prescriptions worked well for 4 years and were always ready on time. Suddenly towards the end of last year things went askew and the medicines were not ready on time. I time my visits to the chemist (The big Name one) so that I can collect them and then set off for my blood test.( My wednesday routine until I went onto quarterly tests) About a month ago I had had enough and e-mailed their head office with my gripes - namely that my wife could get her repeats within 2 days by taking her prescription to the doctor whereas I gave 4 weeks notice and they were never ready how come ? On one occasion there were no methotrexate pills in the chemists.Furthermore I found that the pills which always came in "bubbles" now came loose in an odd assortment of different containers and I wondered how many times they had been handled. I was told that the doctors would not sign a prescription more than two days ahead of date due. During the course of a blood test I also learnt that the surgery had clashed swords with the chemist. With a bit of guile and help from the girl behind the counter I now order my pills to be ready 2 days ahead of the deadline. My wife said my efforts had been worthwhile as when she last went she said that the place seemed as though it had a shake up.
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    Options
    Am I the only one here who takes advantage of free home delivery? I use a local family run chemist but I often see many sings in windows on the high street offering free delivery.

It might just be something that's popular in my area but it is worth while looking into if you find it frustrating and difficult to collect medications frequently.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I used, sometimes, to have them deliver when the service first came out and Mr SW was still working. But I don't see how that would solve the current problem. I was told they'd be ready on Tuesday. They'd 'lost' my request. The only difference, if I'd been told they'd deliver on Tuesday would have been that I'd have waited in, in vain, for a delivery.
    Steven Wright