Ye gods, what a dream.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 17. Jul 2015, 14:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
It was a doozy, an absolute sparkling diamond of horror, to the point that, when I woke I considered waking the spouse to check me over. Common sense ruled. :wink:

I'd joined a circus thanks to my novelty act of 'Daisy, the Amazing Pin Woman!' This was me, dressed in a sparkly leotard, who would stick hundreds of pins in herself, go on-stage, add some more then do some tumbling tricks (oh the dreams are cruel :wink: ) and then (with help so the process was faster) remove the pins. On this occasion it went wrong (surprise, surprise).

I had gained the stage and added the extras, then the tent caught fire and we had to abandon ship. I pulled on a tight protective suit of jacket of trousers, (thus driving the pins further in) couldn't find my sticks (until then not needed) and had to make my way out to the fresh air. I then had to start removing the pins because they were really hurting, but I couldn't undo the clothing. I managed to roll up the trouser legs and remove those below my knees, and the sleeves so I could free my skin up to the elbows but that was it. There was no-one around me to help (how true is that!)

I then woke up in more-than-the-usual level of pain and found myself gingerly checking my upper arms and legs, shoulders and neck, expecting to brush against the pins. My nightdress was hurting my skin where it touched. At this point I was considering waking The Spouse but, as I said, common sense ruled (plus he's a little clumsy and I preferred to pin check myself). I calmed myself down with some sensible breathing, but oh boy, the hurt in my arms and legs, shoulders and back (huh?) was all-too-real.

I had a physio session yesterday, except that it wasn't because I'm in some trouble with my right knee and she was helpful about that. The rest of the day was far more hurty than usual but I knew that would be the case. The muscles though, that was something else, hence the 'pins' I suppose. As you know I am not a great one for analysis and navel-gazing, it happened, it's passed and I'm OK but I am wondering whether that was the fibro reminding me it's still here, keeping me company. My muscles do become tender and sore, maybe I had been holding myself far too stiffly after the physio (and a bit of shopping), who knows? Anyway, there's not a pin in sight so I'm good to go! DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh DD, how awful :o and just as you were at the PINnacle of your career :wink:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Crikey DD that was a doozie. Mig
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Crikey! I'm glad I wasn't in your dream but am so sorry you had such a disturbing experience. I hope that tonight you get a better night's sleep.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I'm struggling to get past the 'sparkly leotard' plus sticks image :o

I shouldn't laugh because, as we all know, dreams can be very realistic and scary and, in this case, painful. (Mind you, I still am laughing :wink: )

May I suggest that, tonight, you remove the hair shirt before donning the leotard for bed?
    Plus some very gentle ((((()))))s

(PINnacle of success? Oh Numpty, It's so good to have you back. Thanks for PINpointing that bit :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I'm sure Freud would find something other than rheumatology to pin that one on, especially the sparkly leotard plus fire suit bit. I rarely dream enough to remember things but it sounds awful. Was the leotard PINk?
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Wow!! Daisy the amazing pin-cushion!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I feel for you DD..some dreams are so vivid and scary, :shock: naughty SW laughing at the sparkly leotard. . :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm surprised that no-one told me to report to Pinterest. :wink: Thank you Numpty (HELLO!) and Sticky for your puns and thanks to everyone for replying. I won't lie, it's been a rough day and is getting rougher. Hey-ho, only the cooking and clearing to go then beddy-byes for yours truly. DD

PS The leotard? I have no idea about its colour but the suit was white.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Does that make you the July pin-up DD?
  • stickywicket
    Options
    And today?

I hope you have not done your porcuPINe thing again in the night. I am of the oPINion you already have enough on your plate and I'm hoPINg things are better today.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Subject matter for a Pindaric ode perhaps?
    I wonder what the clever name is for the pin-sticking sensation. Ants crawling is formication - one day last week when I was much bothered by that one but I refrained from telling my colleagues what ailed me...
  • stickywicket
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Steven Wright