Is this some kind of a record?

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 3. Aug 2015, 16:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Tomorrow morning I am going for my 6th MRI in two years, my first was at the end of July in 2013.
While I'm sure some of you will have had more, is it just me or is 6 in two years going some?
This will be the third on my neck, I have also had two on the whole of my spine plus one on my brain. Plus a CT brain scan and three xrays.

No need for pocket duties tomorrow, I know the routine by now, I will as for those in September when I go for the results.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The other day, I realised that I've had nearly every part of my body scanned. :o Fortunately, it's mostly MRI and only a few x-rays and ultrasounds so minimal radiation. Hope it goes well, Slosh. MRIs are fascinating pieces of technology, they can show so much and such low risk too.
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I don't know if it's a record, Slosh, but it's certainly good going. I haven't had one for years, and I'd like to keep it that way!

Hope it goes well for you.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    It might be.

I sometimes think I qualify at the other end of the spectrum. 54 years of arthritis: one MRI. (I'm not complaining :D )

I hope the results are good.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Well Sunday morning is the time to go. Straight in and out. Home to have a cuppa and rest. Hubbie took me out for an unplanned meal last night, think to pinch DD's new expression I am a little enfeebled today!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Never mind. At least it's out of the way now. Fingers crossed for the results.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I don't know about a record but it's certainly a tally! I think I've had three spread out over six years, not only are they horribly noisy but the aftermath is never pleasant: the table is so hard! I hope you are feeling less enfeebled. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Options
    Yes thanks, and I hope you are too. Went to the first meeting of a book club this evening. It's held in a lovely local tearoom so the discussion is accompanied by tea and cake.
    Julian of Norwich