Thought flare was gone but Ohhh no!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 8. Aug 2015, 04:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hey guys, Have had an awful few days, tired, fluey. I literally slept through Sunday again. And just feel lethargic all the time. And my back is giving me real pain so didn't sleep well Sunday night or last night. This is all I need with the count down to Hol's well and truly started. So just doing what I can when I can. Thank goodness for my OH.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I hope you improve before your next holiday, bubbadog. I've done the 'packing while wiped out' thing but wouldn't recommend it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Sorry to hear you are struggling. I hope you feel a bit better soon and are able to enjoy your holiday when it comes.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Are you flaring or just overdoing things? You posted recently about having been very busy (which is good for our morale) but this can lead to increased pain etc. Pacing is a necessary skill but hard to master, I think we've all struggled with that at various times but it is essential for us to be able to maintain what limited resources we have. I hope you feel better soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Definitely flaring DD as I have pain in my back and left knee. My busy is laptop based helping run a site for disabled people so it's keeping my brain busy and not my body! Had a ruff night again last night as I can't get comfortable, very painful.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hmmm, laptop-based implies sitting fairly still for a while which we know is not good for our unsettled joints. I find things worsen after eating out (especially if the restaurant is cramped), watching telly for too long or being on here ditto: there are times when we cannot win, yes? I hope things ease soon, flares can last for months and you certainly don't want that, especially if hols are on the horizon! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I've just remembered that, some months ago, you and I both had low iron levels. In fact I think it sounded as if yours were much lower than mine. My GP sent me off for cameras up, down and around whereas yours seemed to do nothing. If your iron levels are still very low you will be exhausted with or without a flare. Has this been sorted yet?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi Bubba how are things today ? hubbys are sometimes worth their weight in gold glad you have a good one. Mig
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Had a long sleep yesterday afternoon after sorting somethings for holiday. Back is still sore but giving myself extra time to relax in the afternoon. Going to start cutting back on things from next week so I can be in chilled out mood for our holiday! :bouncing-ball:
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I hope you improve before your holiday Bubba, and have a fantastic time.
    Numpty