Arthritis on top of arthritis?

Options
loubiedoouk
loubiedoouk Member Posts: 22
edited 4. Aug 2015, 12:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Greetings all

I am currently in Spain for a couple of months. Nice I know, I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which is in remission at the moment thanks to Enbrel injections. However, I have a pain in my second toe in from big toe and a slight swelling on the top of my foot. I went to the local health clinic and they want to send me for an xray for arthritis, I have tried to explain my situation but it's proving difficult. Could I possibly have arthritis on top of my arthritis???

Thanks in advance

Louise

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You can have OA as well as RA - many people do, but I`m not sure if this is what you mean. My toes are extremely troublesome, but that`s down to the good old RA.

Hope you get some answers.
  • loubiedoouk
    loubiedoouk Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Thank you - I just got the all clear and have been 'written off' for 12 months from Rheumatology, we did discuss OA and Rheumy said it was highly unlikely - I'm just wondering is it worth going for this xray I guess.

Thanks again
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Only you can decide. If it's OA then nothing much will change. If it's not OA.....I guess we all have our own viewpoints. I'd feel that, in a toe, it can't be much but others might feel differently.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright