More blood tests

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 6. Aug 2015, 14:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
A couple of weeks ago i had a letter from gps surgery asking me to go in for a routine blood test for ckd ,the nurse who does the bloods said it was a new screening they were doing so off i went,i had a letter this week asking me to see the doctor to discuss the results off i trot today to be confronted by your kidney function has dropped right off and we don't know why,so she has ordered lots more bloods to be done wants a water sample has asked for an urgent abdominal scan and is writing to rheumatology which i am to follow up with a phone call next week,she has also stopped my blood pressure meds as my pressure was on the low side,so I'm off for bloods tomorrow pocket duties please. Mig

Comments

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Best of luck, mig. Will be there with you.x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'll be there too. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Definitely in your pocket, mig. I hope all goes smoothly and this is found to be a minor blip. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Good luck Mig - will be thinking of you.
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    Oh Mig, this is so not needed. I will be there too and I hope they can soon sort you out.

Susie
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Pop me in too, hope they can get things sorted for you soon.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • bangorlass
    bangorlass Member Posts: 21
    Options
    will be thinking of and sending you lots of luck
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hope those pockets are big, I'll be there!

Deb xxx
  • mig
    Options
    Thank-you all for your company it really does make a difference.I had 8 vials of blood taken the phlebotomist had to go in the back of my hand as i don't have very good veins and had to use a baby needle but she is very good and it hasn't bruised.I suppose if the humira is now affecting my bloods i can't complain as i have had nearly 3 excellent years but maybe I'm putting the cart before the horse so lets wait and see.Thanks again. Mig
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't see this yesterday, Mig. I hope that things turn out well for you.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I sincerely hope it isn't the humira because I know it has worked so well for you. As you say, let's not put the cart before the horse, I guess your results will take a little while to come back: have they advised you to stop the humira in the meantime? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry Im late seeing this Mig..I really hope they can sort it then you can stay on the humira...will be thinking about you...
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    Options
    Not yet DD GP has wrote to rheumatology which I'm to follow up with a phone call early next week.
    Thanks Barbara. Mig