Bake Off tonight

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 27. Aug 2015, 06:59 in Community Chit-chat archive
My neighbour's daughter is on it. I'm looking forward to it more than ever. Come on, Sandy!
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck Sandy. Mig
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    How brilliant to know someone on the show :D

There's something strangely compelling about watching people making cakes, with all their successes and failures. I'm a big fan, but my husband can't understand my fascination with the show.

As I'm trying to lose weight, cakes are strictly off the menu for me, but I still like to watch them being made. Sadly, I'll have to imagine how they taste though (Boo-hoo :cry: )
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I love Bake Off and am very pleased that the jazz Cat in the Hat went, none of his creations looked that good and surely the flouting of the recipes was for later once he had publically proved his basic ability (which he must have done to qualify). Twerp.

How exciting to know someone on there - any heads up about the winner, Sticky? Nah? Thought not. I haven't baked a cake in years, faff to fat is not a winning combination for me but I like watching others create cake magic. Some of the Black Forest Gateaux were amazing! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    I have an irrational, instant dislike for blokes who wear hat / caps indoors. I suspect it's usually a method of concealing their hair loss but it also highlights their vanity. No, I shall not miss him either.

Well, Sandy lives to fight another cake :D

A thought - is Bake Off discriminating against arthritics as we'd never managed to kneel in prayer before the oven?
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Will be following Sandy's progress with interest. Bake-off is one of my favourite shows, no nastiness, no bullying but the enthusiasm of the bakers as well as their skill in doing something they love along with a brilliant presenting team.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I am another that is compelled to watch the bake off..very clever chocolate work especially the cup made with the balloon..SW its good the know Sandy that is on it..make it even better ..and I liked her 1970s icing on the black forest gateau..good luck Sandy..
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Sorry to see you go Sandy,keep on baking. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Indeed, it all went very wrong for her this week.

I rather like the young Scottish lass. She seems to take everything in her stride and not too seriously.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I found her so funny..she will be missed..
    Love
    Barbara