Had a good birthday after all

daffy2
daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
edited 11. Aug 2015, 14:11 in Community Chit-chat archive
As you may have seen on LWA I had concerns about the birthday celebration organised by my daughter being highjacked by my sister.
I'm pleased to say that despite said sister deciding she needed 2 nights B&B rather than one, everything went off very well yesterday afternoon. My daughter turned up in good time and good spirits with her chap who has lost a lot of weight and now looks seriously handsome. After a cuppa and a catch up, at 2pm we all piled into his car to go to a local posh boutique hotel for the (glutenfree) afternoon tea daughter had ordered. We sat out in a small private courtyard, the food was yummy,the prosecco very good, the service was impeccable, and there was much laughter. We then decided we weren't ready to go back so moved into the lounge for some interesting fizzy drinks(no, not cocktails!) and more chat and laughter. We eventually left at well past 7 - daughter and chap had to get to his parents for an evening meal. Back at mine and a light supper, sister seemingly worn out and so I was able to have a good chinwag with my lovely niece. They left early this morning for a long drive to a music course my niece is doing, and I am having a quiet day in preparation for a come and sing Mozart and Vivaldi day on Sunday(my birthday treat to myself)

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    So glad your birthday was enjoyable ,sounds like my sort of afternoon enjoy the Vivaldi .birthday hugs (((()))). Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Wow!!

Daffy2 what an absolutely perfect day :)

Sounds like a good time was had by all, but especially the birthday girl!

All the important people were there and sis didn't spoil it either.

Have a lovely day tomorrow
    l015.gif
    Love

Toni xxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Happy Birthday, Daffy. It sounds as though you had a super time despite your earlier concerns.
    h075.gif

Enjoy your 'Come and sing Mozart and Vivaldi' birthday treat. That sounds like fun! :D

k020.gif

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    daffy what a lovely day you had, plenty of laughter and some fizz,so pleased for you..and belated Birthday wishes from me...xx... :sunny:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Many Happy Returns daffy

So pleased it all worked out for you
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    So pleased your birthday went well, Daffy - hope you enjoyed the music.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    I did enjoy the music Theresa, and it certainly transcended the venue which was a modern agricultural barn, all corrugated sheets, concrete floor and faint whiff of previous sheepy occupants!
    Vivaldi Gloria and Mozart Requiem are always a joy for performers and audience alike but Sunday night was special as it was part of a tiny community's efforts to raise money for its church. The barn doors were open(to prevent us expiring from the heat!) and so the dusk falling was visible as a backdrop to the happy faces of the audience - magical and very moving.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oooh I like the sound of that venue. And the programme. I think my younger son's first concert included the Vivaldi Gloria.

I'm very pleased all went well, daffy.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright