Window cleaner

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 2. Sep 2015, 14:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
I seem to remember someone brought a steam window cleaner but can't remember who ,is it any good and would you recommend it.
Hands up all those that thought this was about a man. 8) Mig

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I have a window cleaning attachment on mine. I really like it but the results tend to be just ok, it leaves some lines and drips. Maybe it's just the operator!!? I like it though, it's quick and not too bad on the hands and arms, although you need to grip the attachment quite strongly. I would recommend one if you're not an extreme perfectionist!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :oops: :oops: :oops:

Very disappointing :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Might have been me. I bought a K*rch*r, it's white with two different width heads and a spray bottle for the proper jollop. I use it for the insides only, I have a man who does the outsides (and no, it isn't Mr DD). It makes a boring job more interesting and somewhat easier but it's best done on cold glass: hot glass tends to lead to smears. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hands up.... :oops: :lol:
    I have the Karcher, its not steam..you spray with the bottle provided then clean with the hand held thingy its like a little hoover with squeegee on the end..after a little practice its does a very good job..and its light weight..
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    mig wrote:
    Hands up all those that thought this was about a man. 8) Mig

I suspected not only a man, but an element of lycra too :roll:
  • mig
    I brought a ka***er not a steam one but the one you spray and then hoover it off it does a very good job ,most impressed. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    I'm fond of mine, it makes a tough job somewhat easier, yes? I found I was spraying not enough and using the vacuum part too rapidly so have adjusted the technique and the results are far better.

I am so pleased you have been able to get one and that it's useful. We have three sets of French doors and numerous other windows, Windolene et al were not good enough (and hard work) but the K is most satisfying! DD
  • mig
    Im just wondering if the stuff window cleaners use is the same type of jollop you get with the ka***er. Mig
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    My pulse sped up when I saw this post. Isn't life disappointing?

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    I would imagine they use stuff which is similar but nowhere near as expensive. My bloke uses a distilled water system (so he proudly informed me), he sprays the windows, rinses then leaves them to dry naturally. They do so without smears or streaks which surprised me. DD
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    As someone with very hard, mineral water, I can vouch for using distilled water. No minerals to deposit on the glass as it dries. Makes a big difference, imo.