Failed return to work.

Options
Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 21. Aug 2015, 16:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
I went back to work today after 5 weeks off sick. We got half way through my return to work interview and the manager informed said that she had no choice but to send me home. She said, in light of not having a conclusive diagnosis, she was too concerned about me and, as I cannot safely fulfill all my duties, I shouldn't be at work.

I have a hospital appointment this afternoon and another on Tuesday. If I get the all clear, they will be happy to have me return. I'm still convinced that nothing serious is going on, that I've just been knocked down by that nasty infection. I do understand they have a duty of care towards me but it doesn't feel great.

I know I will get through this because I've been through so much worse and survived but it is a kick in the teeth.

Comments

• DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Your boss is quite right.

They have a duty of care torwards you, given your condition.

I'm sure once you get the ok from the hosiptal you will be good to go but its always better being safe than sorry!
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    (((((())))) Hang in there, Starburst. Sending inspirational, big hugs.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    It mudt have bedn disappointing I know but it the long term your manager was right, I hope all goes well at your next appointment and you are given the all clear.

(((())))
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    You'll get there, Sophie. You're a survivor.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Thank you, all. I've been really angry and tearful over the last few days which is unusual for me. I'm now sitting on my bed with the door firmly shut because I don't trust myself not to rage at my poor unsuspecting family for some perceived misdemeanor.

I ate half a box of Dairy Milk chocolates last night which helped at the time but I've got a family wedding next weekend and a pretty dress that I want to fit into. :?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    What a disappointment foir you Sophie,but like the others have said , you will get there..we all know you very well..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    I'm really sorry that you were disappointed, but I'm certain that in a short while you'll be back there, and with hindsight will be glad that you waited to be properly well again. In the meantime, enjoy the chocolate :) .

Deb xx
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    It must seem frustrating and I'm not surprised you were upset. Try and enjoy your weekend, chocolate aided if need be and good luck for Tuesday
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich