Getting worse?

Options
Pedz
Pedz Member Posts: 41
edited 21. Aug 2015, 09:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all
I have RA, since diagnosis i have been on methotrexate and responding really well, however in recent days i am having serious foot pain and my psoriasis on my scalp has returned with avengence, does this mean my immune system has stepped up a knotch to beat the MTX?
Cheers
Pete
before you can live a part of your life has to die, most people will never experience this.....guess i have a gift.....

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't know if it means that, Pedz, this is one of the many joys of auto-immune arthritis. What dose of meth are you taking and is folic acid involved at any point during the week? My psoriasis is having a go at my scalp too despite my triple therapy and my joints are miserable but then they always are. When did you last have your bloods done? If that isn't for a while then it may be worth having them taken, they may show what's what. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I don't know what it means either but DD's right. Get your bloods done and, if there's no improvement in a week or two, I'd ring the rheumatology helpline for advice.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I'm not sure how long you've been on the MTX or the dose but I do know that, unfortunately, some people stop responding to medications and need an increase or a change. I am one of those people who initially respond well but medications that eventually stopped working after a year or so. That said, I seem to recall that it's not been a long time since you started MTX? You could be having a flare that may settle <fingers crossed>. However, I'd agree with my wise forum friends to speak to rheumatology and discuss with them about the next plan of action.

Best of luck!