Bone on bone!

Options
tedthered64
tedthered64 Member Posts: 84
edited 23. Aug 2015, 12:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
My last lot of x rays show bone on bone in my right knee. The pain is ridiculous and the last few weeks have been horrendous but atleast I know why.
Been referred to the physician but in the mean time wondered if anyone as any ideas how to ease the pain.
None of the pain relief I am using, tramadol etc is helping.
Through the night was worse but it is equally as bad of a day now.
So painful and I don't seem to be able to find a position that eases it, I know the fact that I am waiting for 2 THR's isnt helping the situation but hoping someone as a little trick that may help me, here's hoping.
Thanks
Ted

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I wish I could. Alas, I can't. I remember just before my first TKRs and the pain was horrible. At least my hips were OK at the time, though. All I can suggest is rest and exercises. The magic wand has escaped me :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tedthered64
    Options
    I wish I could. Alas, I can't. I remember just before my first TKRs and the pain was horrible. At least my hips were OK at the time, though. All I can suggest is rest and exercises. The magic wand has escaped me :roll:
    Ha, thanks sticky :)
    Alas I shall await a miracle! :)
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    That sounds like a ghastly amount of pain. I am sorry, I hope you get your TKR soon. Without Sticky's magic wand, I have no suggestions unfortunately.
  • tedthered64
    Options
    Boomer13 wrote:
    That sounds like a ghastly amount of pain. I am sorry, I hope you get your TKR soon. Without Sticky's magic wand, I have no suggestions unfortunately.
    Thank you, a magic wand would be just the ticket! :)
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Sounds awful .If anyone finds the wand please share.(((()))) Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I can only empathise. I am bone-on-bone throughout both knees and it is far from fun. I suspect even a new hip won't help because the damage is done - but a new knee? That might.

One replacement at a time, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tedthered64
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I can only empathise. I am bone-on-bone throughout both knees and it is far from fun. I suspect even a new hip won't help because the damage is done - but a new knee? That might.

One replacement at a time, yes? DD
    Hi DD,
    Yes one at a time, seems the only option now.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Ted I am sorry you are suffering like this, they do say keep on top of the pain ..its no used letting the pain come on ..but sometimes like you say it doesn't go away..the only thing that helps me at night is amytriptaline..sorry spelling..hope you get some relief soon..did they say when your op will be..
    Love
    Barbara