Radiologist suggested a tattoo

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 24. Aug 2015, 03:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
:shock:

It was a routine X-ray(s) of my THRs and TKRs. As usual I pointed out that my knee revision was a much longer implant than a simple TKR and that radiographers have never yet got it all in first time. Young Ryan rose to the challenge – and failed. As I was getting off the trolley his supervisor suggested (jokingly) that I should get a tattoo to mark its lower limit.

I am not a tattoo person. I can just about manage to appreciate a tiny one on young, taut flesh but that's as far as I go. A whole armful? Why :?

I shall not be heading for the tattoo parlour. With the extra potential for infection that a revision offers why would I? However, I have been musing on what should mark the spot if I did. My unimaginative brain can only come up with a dotted line. I'm sure you lot can do better.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    X marks the spot
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Because I`m so difficult to get blood from, my GP suggested years ago getting an X tattooed on my arm where the needle would get the best result. He was joking, of course, but they always manage eventually to get it from my wrist.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Maybe a little flower tattoo that you do yourself, they fade instead of washing off...who know it might be a new beginning...we have just seen a young girl with garters tattooed on her legs...hee to be young :shock: :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    A hand and finger pointing to the spot, a scalpel blade, a tiny knee joint? I don't know, sticky but I'm also tattoo intolerant. Yuck, why would anyone want one?
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Maybe, as those who like tattoos, seem to like a lot of tattoo, I could just have the entire implant tattooed over (fine until it shifts, anyway :lol: )

Tezz, I don't part with blood easily either. My GP once threatened me with an axe to the jugular next time. On another occasion the phlebo failed, the nurse failed and they had to call in one of the GPs who had recently worked with paediatrics as she was used to tiny, dodgy veins.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    How you feeling Sticky ? Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Feeling? OK thanks, mig. I did have two days of drinking through a straw as I'd spent too long on the x-ray couch lying on an elbow which protested loudly afterwards but last night I achieved the dizzy heights of a mug again so all is well in my world :D
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    It's a standing joke at our practice that the only ones not to have tried to get my blood are the receptionists.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Do not think for one moment that you, Radiographer Extraordinaire, will be able to fit in the entire length of my revision in one go.

I suggest that this is tattooed along the entire length of said revision. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I like it :D
    Steven Wright