does anyone know anything about CT or CTD clinics?

Options
slomo
slomo Member Posts: 180
edited 31. Aug 2015, 04:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone,
Do any of you know about these clinics? I think I have to have an appt with one. I have been trying since 9th to get an appt changed as it was for right in the middle of our holidays. One email and about 18 phone calls later I finally spoke to a human yesterday. He said the next avail appt slots aren't until Nov. I've already been sent an appt for Nov, had it since June! Confusion reigns and I'm put through to L, the Dr's secretary. She asks is it for a ?? clinic and I say, no the letter says its a rheumy op follow appt and she puts me through to J, another secretary. All seems resolved and I know have only the Nov appt. Sorted. Yippee! NO not sorted at all
Late evening OH notices I've had an email from hospital telling me to contact L on or after Monday to get a CTD appt! Whatever that is, Google says its connective tissue disease but am still none wiser what its all about.
I will now have to spend the start of my holidays trying get hold of L. Will be on a campsite near mother in law so will be saying Hi, how are you, can I commander your phone?! Mobile reception is patchy is hope can get this sorted before we move site again.
Sorry about the moan, things like this get me more upset and worn out than they used to. Suppose I'd best go pack some knickers and better not forget MTX

slomo

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It would seem that none of us knows anything about it, slomo. I'm not sure whether that's a good sign or a bad one but I hope you can enjoy your holiday and get the mystery sorted on your return.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    It is a Connective Tissue Disease Clinic as far as I can gather too.

You may well have an echocardiogram and you may have an electrocardiogram.

A geneticist may examine you carefully, (particularly your hands, feet, back and face), take a detailed personal and family history, explain the purpose of the heart check and the results, explain what the results of the examination and heart check mean for you and your family, give you a chance to ask questions,make a follow-up plan with you.

This is what happens at Guy's and St Thomas's CTD Clinic, as an example.

I hope all goes well for you and that you had a good holiday.

Elna
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Options
    Thanks for the post elna, (have made it back into a WiFi spot) thanks to the lovely L, I now have an appt booked for 14/9 for this CT clinic, same hospital and doctor as my first rheumy appt. Will just have to wait and see what happens. I've already had a chest xray and a pet/ct scan and given millions of blood samples so no idea what they want from me now. I like the doctor and found him easy to talk to so that good + OH is coming with me. Still got several days of holidays to go so am making the most of them.

slomo
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    I hope it goes well. Please update us afterwards.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright