UPDATE.....Physiotherapists, Consultants, GP's

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 24. Aug 2015, 14:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all.
I've not been on a lot.....I'm suffering a bit....... with this fracture....the pain is quite severe especially through the night and in the mornings.
The consultant has made another appointment for me....this time for a scan. He says I have bursitis and he wants that checked.

I was discharged from the physiotherapist before this fracture.{18 months ago}
When it happened he saw me twice, looked at me using crutches, studied my walking and said sorry there's nothing more we can do :( and that was that.
I made an appointment to see a private physio about 3 weeks ago.
Have another one to see him at the beginning of next month.

Meantime for about 2 weeks now I've had a pain/ache in my lower back {opposite side} I put it down to a pulled muscle. Peter eventually nagged me into going to see the GP today.
He says I'm compensating {even though I'm using crutches} for the bad leg on the other side.
He says they have an in house physiotherapist.....I never knew that!!!!! so he is making an appointment for me to see him.
Meantime I'll keep this appointment with the private physio {I'll get charged if I cancel} It will be about 7 weeks or so before I hear from the NHS physio. Hopefully he will have some suggestions to ease the pain a bit.
I can manage my arthritis, scoliosis, spinal stenosis etc etc but cant manage the pain from this fractured trochanter bone.
Right that's my ramble......thanks if you've read it :wink:
Love
Hileena
ps.......has cris done a runner again do you know?

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you're still suffering so much from this, Hileena. I do hope that the physios (either of them) are able to help and you get some relief from the pain.

Take care of yourself,

Meg
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Sorry to hear this, I just hope the physio can offer some helpful advice, keeping my fingers crossed for you
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Morning Hileena sorry you are still suffering hope the physio can help,(((()))) Mig
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    What a difficult time for you Hileena. With so much out of kilter it must be difficult to try and sort out how best to deal with it all - I'm reminded of that song 'Dem Bones' about all the bones being connected! I do hope that whichever physio you have treatment from s/he is able to see the whole picture and has the necessary skills to come up with some 'damage limitation' that will ease the pain and prevent further problems developing.
    My wonky back has taken a turn for the worse(literally) but whether it's the scoliosis, OA or OP I don't know and finding out will be a protracted process given the NHS 'one thing at a time and in isolation' approach.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    You seem to have cornered the market in physios, Hileena. Are you collecting them :wink: i hope one or other can do something to help. You have more than enough on your plate and chucking bursitis into the mix won't help.

Do I assume that the greater tronchanter pain is now a residue of the break? I'm guessing the break itself must have healed by now. It all sounds complicated and deeply unpleasant though you face it with your usual upbeat attitude.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tedthered64
    tedthered64 Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Sounds so painful, hope you are ok x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Thanks for all your replies

Daffy...I do know that song :lol: Its a pain {literally} not knowing where its coming from
    I have OA, OP, Scoliosis and spinal stenosis and bursitis. so the same as you!!!!
    Good luck with your diagnosis!

Sticky.....if the NHS is the same as the private one I might start collecting them Quite "dishy" :lol:
    As for the fracture......although they call it a fracture apparently its an "avulsion" .....fracture is a break, avulsion is when it is stretched and wont go back into place....Knowing you you'll google :wink: Regardless of which it is they refer to it as a fracture.
    Yes that's where the pain is coming from and the trochanter bursitis is causing pain.
    It is complicated and unpleasant and I don't sleep ...I know we all have a problem with that........I get to sleep OK but as soon as I roll over on to a painful bit I waken and this can happen about 6 or 7 times a night so I'm like a wet dish rag in the mornings. {As well as the pain being worse then}

Thanks again for all your replies

Love
    Hileena
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hileena, sorry things are not great with you. I can sympathise with you over the trochanteric pain, as I'm never free of it myself.

I hope one of your physios can help. I had physio last year for it, and still have the exercises, but it just never clears up no matter how diligent I am doing them. Like you, if I roll over on it in bed I wake.

Send me the dishiest physio!!
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Tezz
    Its a miserable pain isn't it?
    Hey...I'm keeping the dishiest one...you go and find your own :lol:
    Hopefully some exercises will help a little bit

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Hileena..you have gone through so much and I for one hope you get some help of the physios even if it does take 2 ..wishing you well with everything...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Yup, I'm happy to google other people's problems, just not my own :lol: must say I culdn't make head nor tail of this, though. A bit too advanced for me.

So, from what you say, the thing is overstretched and won't ever 'understretch' again. How will the physio help? I can only guess the purpose is to keep the muscles around it strong so that it doesn't get worse.

I can see how two gorgeous physios would be good for morale though :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Sticky
    I find it very confusing as well......as for what good will physiotherapist do???? I don't know but if its offered why not give it a try and see. :?
    Love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I think you're right about seeing what the physio has to say and it is very confusing. I sometimes wish the NHS operated more like schools as when we had a pupil with a number of/confusing needs we would call a multidisciplinary meeting and try to pull together a plan which all agencies agreed with.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I apologise for being late to this Hileena, somehow you escaped my eagle eye. :oops:

Physio has a role to play but in our cases it's a limited one. The exercises won't undo the harm but they can stop things getting worse. They show us what to do, monitor us for a while and then we are left to get on with things as best we can. I was discharged last week which is a good thing, now it's down to (or up to, whichever!) to get on with what I've been given to do. I have felt the benefit in that my tendons are lengthening and strengthening so I'm hoping that's encouragement enough for me to keep the motivation.

So what exactly has stretched? And why not call it by its proper name? :? A fracture to me means a break but this isn't. Flaming medics, sometimes they're all too happy to blind us with medicalese and then they get sloppy on summat like this. Anyhoo, I hope you are able to find some relief and sooner rather than later. I've not had a bursitis so have no idea what that feels like but I can imagine the pain. It's not fun. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Slosh and DD
    Thanks for your replies
    It cant do any harm seeing the physio even if it doesn't do much good. :lol:
    I've had this thing long enough to know not to expect miracles.
    Simply I haven't seen a physio since this fracture {well just to let him see me walking on crutches and that was it}
    Possibly the exercise for this will be different to the ones I was given many years ago.

Love
    Hileena