Useful OT assessment

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 26. Aug 2015, 08:16 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well although I've had to wait a while for this it was worth it.
The finished list is, two perching stools, one each for the bedroom and bathroom (I have one I bought myself in the kitchen), a bath lift, two rails for either side of the kitchen door (steps down into the garden), and a rail one side of the front door.

At the moment as I have an Orthopaedic mattress on my bed nothing there but as/when I change it then I can contact them about a bed lifter so I can sit up in bed more easily.

She also advised me to apply for a disabled parking space as although I do not meet the borough criteria they do have discretion about this and she felt the fact they had granted me a blue badge and that I had, had to modify my employment due to my disability would go in my favour.

No mention of my having to pay for any of this!

After the problems with my sister I needed something a bit more positive, I can now pack my case and look forward to escaping for a couple of days for some pampering.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So pleased you have had a good outcome,it must have lifted your spirits a little.Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    That's really good news, Slosh - a veritable windfall!

Enjoy your break.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Good, I am pleased for you and I hope it all comes to pass sooner rather than later. Now go and be pampered! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    That's an excellent result, hope the equipment arrives quickly.

Enjoy the pampering!

Deb xx
  • Slosh
    Options
    I am looking forward to being pampered for a couple of days especially as the last couple have been a bit dramatic /stressful.

Need to find the form to apply for the parking space next.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Re cost, Slosh. I think all local authority's can do things their own way but, basically, they will foot the bill for smaller items such as yours but large ones are means tested.

It sounds like a good appointment and I'm pleased about that.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Small pieces of equipment, like the ones you got, are covered by the local authority.

I'm glad it was helpful. :)
  • Slosh
    Options
    She didn't mention cost so I guessed that, I already have a double rail up the stairs as that was put in for the previous owner. I guess it's what I pay my council tax for! Apparently the perching stools come on prescription so I may have to pay the prescription cost for them.
    Julian of Norwich