Appointments have arrived

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 26. Aug 2015, 05:57 in Living with Arthritis archive
The first one is for gynaecology on tuesday the 22nd of september at 2.30,the second is for urology on friday the 25th of september at 10.00,I shall be needing pocket duties for both of those days,I am feeling very nervous about both as I have no experience of either of them. Mig

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Happy to pop in your pocket for both, and I promise to keep my eyes closed! Hope the appointments go well, try to relax through them, no doubt they'll be embarrassing, but I guess there's nothing that we can say/do or show the medics that they haven't seen before many times :oops: .

Deb x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Count me in. I'll try not to snigger :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Blindfold on, I'll there too.
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Count me in, Mig - I'll close my eyes.
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    Options
    Perhaps a couple of us should bring grabbers to hold up a sheet to preserve your modesty and spare the blushes? Will you have female medics do you suppose, and if not would it be better to have a 'looker' of a medic to distract you or less embarrassing to have a pig-ugly 'un?
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Count me in Mig. I'll be there.
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've been to both, neither were much fun but necessary. Count me in too, I'll bring my Kindle to divert my attention. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I've been to both, too, Mig. I would sooner have been doing something else, but it was necessary, so just had to get on with it!

I would agree with Deb that it's important to relax as much as you can. Consciously relaxing - letting go, as in yoga etc. - can help a lot.

I'll pop into your pocket, too. Hope they both go well for you.

Meg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Count me in Mig..we will all be nervous with you..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I've been to both and while it's a bit uncomfortable in terms of modesty, I find that these sorts of medics tend to be very aware of this fact and do everything they can to make you feel at ease. We'll be with you in your pocket with eyes averted but poking you every now and then :wink: to let you know we're still around.