A special birthday present

daffy2
daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
edited 26. Aug 2015, 04:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
There was me thinking that there's precious little special about a 60th - no retirement to celebrate, no free bus pass - when what should plop(sorry) through the door but an invitation to send a poo(h) stick off to check for cancer.
Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the invitation, especially as IBS renders the phrase 'normal pattern of... ' less than helpful in the things to look out for list, but it's a bit 'life is real life is earnest, who needs birthdays'.

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Ah yes, these wonderful milestone birthdays - 50 is the first mammogram, 60 the 'poo testing kit.' At 65 OH had the aortic scan. Such joys !!

I hope you still had a good birthday.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 26,708
    Ah yes. I've done my sticks 2-3 times now. I hope you have a large bathroom and non-arthritic hands, daffy, as I promise you that tricky isn't the word for attempting the exercise with rubbishy hands in a separate toilet.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,152
    POO STICKS can just see them floating under the bridge.
    Been there done that. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Don't attempt 70. You suddenly become an enormous (ie expensive) risk for travel insurance even when you're in peak fitness, as Mr SW discovered.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,258
    Oh daffy I had to laugh..I had this picture of lots of flowers and things..never mid when you have done it and they are tricky you can have a treat.. :D
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    That is indeed a special one. Happy Birthday anyway.
  • daffy2
    large bathroom and non-arthritic hands,
    I can see this is going to be interesting - I have a 'compact' bathroom, separate WC, and arthritic hands.....
    Ah well, worse things happen at sea and at least I won't have anyone interrupting wanting to use either facility.
  • daffy2
    Oh, and Barbara I did have flowers. A friend gave me a pretty pink potted dahlia, and my sister in Scotland ordered a gorgeous pink bouquet from our excellent local florist. Two and a half weeks later I have just had to undo it and take out some of the bits that were past their best, but I still have a lovely show on my hearth.
  • stickywicket
    daffy2 wrote:
    large bathroom and non-arthritic hands,
    I can see this is going to be interesting - I have a 'compact' bathroom, separate WC, and arthritic hands.....
    Ah well, worse things happen at sea and at least I won't have anyone interrupting wanting to use either facility.

Hm. Yes. Just like us.

How are your juggling skills?

I wish you luck.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 27,485
    Ooooh lovely Daffy2!!

My sister had hers at 50 up in Scotland. I think we should all be able to do them - cheap easy test.

Remember the infamous Stephen Sutton had bowel cancer to start with at 15.

I hope you had a great birthday anyway :)

008.GIF
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,152
    How remiss of me not to wish you a happy birthday when i first posted,hope you had a good day ,isn't it nice when flowers last a long time.Birthday hugs (((()))) Mig

Who's Online

3 Guests