Anyone with OA, CFS and FM ?

Diamond2
Diamond2 Member Posts: 9
edited 30. Aug 2015, 09:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone suffer from OA and has CFS and FM ? just wanted to chat to anyone who suffers from these conditions. It is difficult to exercise with the CFS due to exhaustion but wanted to know how you manage the OA with gentle exercise and what would that be ?

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi. I've got OA and FM. I try to keep active about the house, but also go to a tai chi class once a week. I'm also hoping to begin an aqua class for arthritis next month, which is held at our local leisure centre.

I do know what you mean about the fatigue as, occasionally, I've missed the tai chi when I've been feeling unwell, as even that was too much.

Hope you find something that suits you.

Meg
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I only have OA and RA but I doubt I'd still be able to walk without my daily exercises. Try looking here http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/LivingwithArthritis/Self-management/exercise-and-arthritis but it might be better for you to ask your GP to refer you to a physio who could give you an exercise programme tailored to your conditions. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Diamond2 I have just answered your post in hello, so welcome again from me, I am not sure what FM or CFS is ..but any exercise is better than none..like someone else has said tai chi is good for the mind and body...there is seated zumba and all sorts of classes, and you can check the exercises on line
    Love
    Barbara