Ow!!!!

Options
lynnemarie1123
lynnemarie1123 Member Posts: 295
edited 31. Aug 2015, 04:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Why is it that sometimes I forget my conditions and push myself rushing around ' geocaching' cleaning house top to bottom ! And now I'm in agony ! And can't get off the sofa !!!! :island-shark:

Comments

• Patcher
    Patcher Member Posts: 18
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Totally sympathise. Did same during week as I decided to paint bathroom. Usually get friend to do painting but was feeling good and only small room! Looks good but like you, suffered for it.
    You would think we'd learn but I haven't yet. Hope you feel more comfortable soon
    Take care.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I think there are times when we all do this, after being off work for about 10 weeks, (4 sick leave, 2 days work then school summer holidays), I did my first craft stall yesterday, lovely day, but so tired/achy when I got home. Think today is going to be a recliner chair, jim-jams and tv day.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I hope you got off the sofa in the end. I see two possibilities - quit while you're ahead or raise the sofa :lol:

How're things today?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lynnemarie1123
    Options
    Thanks guys x yes I did get off the sofa and onto my tempur mattress which I still need to have an additional memory foam topper xx

Feel ok today - just weak and no get up n go - but the pain has eliviated :-) x whoop xx

Loads to do tho :-(
  • Patcher
    Patcher Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Glad to hear pain has eased up. Be kind to yourself today and no doubt get up and go will be back by tomorrow
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    We are all guilty of this I call it not giving in..glad things are a little easier today..have a me day... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh we all do this....I'm a volunteer and I tell people about pacing but I'm afraid its a "do as I say not as I do" :lol:
    I am dreadful at pacing myself :lol:
    Glad you feel a bit better
    Love
    Hileena
  • lynnemarie1123
    Options
    I spoke too soon ! Back to the sofa I go !! Managed to make 6 ginger cakes and wash n dry 4 loads of washing tho !! :-( x
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    That sounds very impressive to me!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Me too. Please will you come and have a bad day at my house :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright