Humira

Options
Hilsbils
Hilsbils Member Posts: 7
edited 1. Sep 2015, 03:07 in Living with Arthritis archive
My rheumatology doctor has just prescribed me Humira injections for my PsA. Would be grateful for any advice and thoughts from other people on Humira.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I've never taken humira but plenty on here do / have. I hope they'll be around soon. Meanwhile you could try putting it into the pink search engine above. Some old threads should come up. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Hilsbils
    Options
    Nothing came up on Humira in search engine, hopefully someone will reply
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hello,

I was put on humira eight years ago, after trying & failing on several DMARDs. It made a considerable difference to my quality of life, and I had no side effects. I found the epi-pen easy enough to use.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have.

Sorry it's a short post - fingers & hands like balloons today.

Tezz x
  • Hilsbils
    Options
    Hi Tezz
    Thanks for reply I'm due to start injections in a couple of weeks once blood test results are back. It's the endless list of side effects that concerned me but then again methotrexate and sulphasalazine are just as bad and touch wood have had no side effects from them. I may well have more questions for you once I've started on Humira!
    Thanks again
    Hils
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Try to keep in mind that side effects are potential, and not a given - after 8 years humira is only just beginning to stop working now. It enabled me to pick up my grandsons & get out of my wheelchair for anything but long distances.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hello Hils,

I've been on Humira for about 18 months now. I've not had any side effects except being more susceptible to germs. I do get more tired than unusual after my dose but I'm not sure if it's the combination of Humira and Methotrexate, which I take on consecutive days. I used to study the side effects in great detail but since I've stopped doing that, I've worried a lot less. I just ask to be told the important info and it works for me. ;)

We're all different but Humira has been a good medication for me and I hope it is for you too.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I've been on it for a few years now (no side-effects) but didn't want to reply until you had received some more positive answers. I take it, things are marginally improved for around forty-eight hours then it all goes grindingly back to normal. I do know, however, that even though I don't feel any physical benefit it is controlling the PsA because my bloods are wonderful.

Good luck, there are some on here for whom it has been a miracle drug and I hope you will be included in their number. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben