Lupus flare

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 4. Sep 2015, 09:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Im going through a lupus flare at the moment ,I have the rash in the typical places of lupus except thank goodness my face ,it itches unbearably ,i have steroid cream cream to put on but only twice a day as its stronger than i have had before,trying to stay cool as heat makes it worse thank goodness for this weather.The last lupus flare i had was about 2 years ago and before that about 2 years again so it seems to go in 2year cycles ,is that possible do you think.Could it be that the flare be in some way related to the kidney problems ,i suppose its await and see ,24 days to the urology app. Mig

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I don't have lupus and fortunately I don't have kidney problems either. As both can produce rashes I'm wondering who prescribed the steroid cream ie has it been prescribed very recently by a doc (GP or rheumatologist) who is aware of your current medical circumstances? If not, I'd go to the GP or, better still, ring the rheumatology helpline for further advice. Just to be on the safe side. They might want to do the scan earlier to see for sure what's going on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Sorry to hear it, Mig.((()))I agree, it would be nice if your kidney's could be checked sooner to prevent damage from the flare.
  • mig
    Options
    It was GP who prescribed the cream,she is aware of all the problems as it was she who first highlighted them all,she didn't want to give me steroid tablets just the cream to ease the itching .I have been phoning the help line everyday hoping to get a response ,I spoke to someone who said they will look into getting my rheumy to call me no response and I have left messages on the nurse helpline the last time was Thursday last week ,If I haven't heard tomorrow I will leave another message and then talk to my GP,I'm just glad that I don't feel ill but wonder what's really going on. Mig
  • stickywicket
    Options
    All I know is that lupus can cause a rash and also kidney problems can cause a rash.
    I expect the line went unmanned during the Bank Holiday. Better luck today , mig. Please let us know the outcome.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Options
    Just had a call from rheumatology nurse who has spoken to consultant who inturn has checked all my results re bloods and scan and has said she can see no reason at the moment to stop humira and to keep putting the steroid cream on my rash but she would rather not have me take steroid tablets to try and control the lupus as the meds i already take are what would be prescribed anyway,she has the dates for my apps at gynaecology and urology so she will be able to check them ,if i have any further concerns ask gp to phone her personally and she will see me straight away instead of in november .
    Sorry if it sounds a bit garbled ,i feel a little easier now. Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Sorry you are itching so much with the lupus. Hope the cream is helping. Good to know you can be seen straight away if you feel it is necessary.
    Christine
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Mig
    I have kidney disease, but so far I dont have much itching thank goodness..there are some brilliant site on the nest has to what food is good for the kidneys..I hope the lupus flare eases of very soon...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    Options
    It doesn't sound garbled. It makes sense and it tells me that your health professionals are doing a good job of looking after you. That's good. Keep us in the loop please.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I`m glad you feel better now that you`ve had a call from your rheumy nurse, Mig - it`s good to know you are being taken care of by your medical team.