I didn't deserve that!

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 2. Sep 2015, 06:24 in Community Chit-chat archive
There I was trying to "shoo" a wasp out of the window - which I'd already opened - away from my bananas when the ungrateful so and so only went and stung me! :o

My finger rapidly swelled up so I shot over to my "local shop" as far as my arthritic joints would allow. (A heaven knows how many square feet supermarket which starts with a "T"). The pharmacist said I should take an antihistamine due to where the sting was and the fact my finger was already swelling. He did point out that Tramadol plus the antihistamine (even though it was a non drowsy one) would make me more fuzzy headed than normal and he was right.

I won't bother to try to help a wasp in the future. It'll have my fly swot mashing it against whatever surface it's on. I'm not doing that again. It hurt and it still does!

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    You cannot trust wasps, they are very short-tempered creatures who know they can sting and sting again at no harm to themselves. My reaction would be the swat (in the good old days of having a Dyson I would happily suck them into the gaping maw of the brightly coloured beast).

I hope that your finger soon starts to feel better, stings are nasty, try icing the finger too to help reduce the swelling, just rest it in a glass of iced water. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Thanks DD. My finger was still a bit sore this morning but is fine now - thankfully. If that little blighter - or any of his relatives - returns then it's curtains for him/her with the aid of my swat. Not going to have that again!

I did like your idea of hoovering them up, mind you ...

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I was 4. There was a lovely big dandelion tat I wanted to pick for my Mum but a huge bee had got there first. I carefully, so as not to hurt it, lifted it off. The bee wasn't too worried about hurting me. Lesson learnt.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright