Hello, new member here

Options
codexx
codexx Member Posts: 3
edited 13. Sep 2015, 06:56 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi there,
I just signed up, looking for answers after ankle fusion surgery. I have had arthritis since many broken bones sustained in a car accident in 1977. This recent surgery is my fifth in the last five years, two prior arthoscopies on that ankle, an arthroscopy on the other knee, and a hip replacement. I am worn out from surgery! Plus a combined 15 spinal procedures, including injections and ablations. When does it end? :swim-shark:
I look forward to getting acquainted, and thank you for being here. :sun:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello codexx and welcome to the forum :sunny:

I'm one of the moderators and have many joints affected by osteoarthritis too. heres hoping that your ankle at least stops causing you pain.

Other members have had fusion operations and they will be able to chat from experience though being the weekend they might not be online for a day or two. In the meantime take a wander around the other forums and join in where you feel comfortable. Any queries/problems with the site use the message button to get in touch with a mod :P

Take care
    Moderator Yx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    codexx wrote:
    When does it end?

Do you really want an answer :lol:

I'm a veteran of TKRs and THRs but no foot ops. If uou put 'ankle fusion' into the little pink Arthritis Care search engine, past threads come up. Also you'll g et more replies on the Living With Arthritis forum. Good luck :cheers:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hi, Just wanted to say welcome,i have RA and haven't had any surgery so can't help on that front but there are many on here who have,looking forward to getting to know you. Mig
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Just dropped in to say hello, haven't had any surgeries so I've no insights to offer.

Deb x
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Just saying a quick hello - I have RA, and haven`t any surgery yet.

Hope you find the forum beneficial.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Welcome to the forum I have only had hand operations so cant help I'm afraid. Nice to meet you hope to see you around xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • spidey23972
    spidey23972 Member Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome codexx, I'm a newly registered member too, the help on here is brilliant, and everyone so friendly. You'll feel at home here!!
  • jamart
    jamart Member Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi welcome to the forum, I had a subtalor fusion in January (thats the joint under the ankle) and for me it was well worth it as I am now totally pain free! It is a long recovery 23 weeks off work, I was walking with a limp before the op as it was so painful and had physio after I was able to fully weight bear on it which really helped it along. Please ask if there's anything you would like to know.

Hope things are coming along ok for you.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi codex, welcome to AC, we are like one big family and I'm sure others will be able to give advice whenever you need it. :)