Bringing out the duvet(s)

Options
Boomer13
Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
edited 23. Sep 2015, 06:05 in Community Chit-chat archive
It's suddenly cold. In one week it's gone from +17 C at night to +2, which it was a couple of mornings ago. +29 C daytime to +13C. Wow, goodbye fans and hello duvets and wool socks and sweaters! Feels like fall is here.

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Brrrr!
    Not quite as dramatic as that here but there's an autumnal nip in the air morning and evening.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • lindamay
    lindamay Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Although we live in Norfolk we originate from Doncaster. The main Race Week there is September as now. They always used to say that there is snow on the last horse in the St Leger and it is nearly true. Not snow but it does turn much colder.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    My winter duvet has never been off all summer :shock: and there has not been too many days that I haven't had my heating on, but that's me :lol: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Ah Marie, that's not fun. Thank goodness for duvets! I spent a freezing few summers several years ago. Now I overheat constantly while hands and feet freeze.....I used to love the heat but now it's terrible on my body. I'd rather dig out my woolens.
  • emmaadams
    emmaadams Member Posts: 140
    Options
    i have my duvets at the ready its soo cold here at the moment its cold morning and evenings it looks warm and beautiful out but its a lie its one of those sunny but illy days here and we had rain most of the day yesterday .. i will be getting the electric blanket out soon i think as im waking up stiff and sore the last few days
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Have checked the hot water bottles for leaks ! Mig
  • Cate
    Cate Member Posts: 280
    Options
    Does anyone know if it's safe to use an electric blanket with a memory foam mattress topper? I haven't done, but I've really missed that extra warmth......Cate.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Yep I have felt the change in temperature this week! Out has come my new throw/ blanket and my sweater PJ's. It will soon be Onesie weather! And I'm wearing my old favourite cardy today, had the heating on for an half an hour blast as well!