Well, it's a start ...

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 12. Sep 2015, 04:26 in Community Chit-chat archive
... but a bit more would have been nice,

Weighed in tonight for the first time since starting the S*** W*** diet. I've had a loss - of one and a half pounds. :| I didn't expect to lose half a stone or anything silly like that, but a couple more pounds would have been nice.

However, this is only the beginning of a very long journey for me. I am determined to get the weight off and will do it. I am aware it will take a long time to do this, but I will get there. My inability to exercise will not help, nor will the amount of meds I have to take. Notwithstanding that, I won't give up and intend to continue following the plan diligently.

I'll update again next week when hopefully it'll be a bit more off.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    but a bit more would have been nice,
    Well of course it would, but you are doing yourself down Grace. You have made a start and lost some weight which given the extra hurdles you have re exercise and meds is a real achievement, and you should be proud of yourself.
    I don't know if you have suitable kitchen gadgets but things like courgettes and carrots when cut into thin ribbons, or fine strips(julienne), and cooked can be used like pasta with a sauce. Not only tasty, but takes more chewing so slows down the eating, and may well keep you feeling fuller for longer as it will take longer to digest than pasta.
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Options
    Well done you, Grace. Got to start somewhere and a loss is a loss. Actually I think I know where it went; I think you slipped it to me during my holiday! Never mind, I can take it; I'm almost embarrassed to say that it was a sudden weight loss along with appalling stiffness that 1st got me to the Dr. so I'm trying to be sure to keep my weight as it is. (Could probably manage to take another couple of pounds for you!)
    Keep up the good work
    slomo
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    well done grace in the words of our consultant a loss is a loss at least it's not a gain. so keep at it xx :)
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I'll keep chipping away at this and I accept it'll be slow progress. I'll give you an update next Wednesday after I've weighed in again.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Well DONE Grace!!

g015.gif