hospital appt tomorrow, havimg a little wobbly

Options
slomo
slomo Member Posts: 180
edited 14. Sep 2015, 12:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi I've got an appt tomorrow at hospital and logic says not to worry but today I'm just having a case of the 'what if's'. Firstly what if we're late. Its a good 2hrs to hospital &parking is stupid so will prob go right into city and park in shopping centre and take taxi to Hosp. OH will say all is OK and I'll prob vanish to loo for ages and lose my last meal.
So there it is and I know its daft. Same place and same rheumy as 1st appt so that is good but this clinic is for Connective Tissue Disease so I don't know if its more to do with my vasculitis then my RA or if they're connected. Appt is @ 11.15 if anyone wants to be a fly on the wall. Lasts about 90mimutes.Thanks for 'listening'

slomo

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Not daft at all! I can quite understand being worried about being late. I have to travel into a nearby city for eye appointments and I always worry about getting there on time. I leave really early in case I hit the rush hour as I work on the basis that, if I get there too early, I can have a cup of tea in the hospital cafe. At least I'm there!

Have you written down any questions you would like answering? Is your OH going in with you? It often helps to have an extra pair of ears.

I do hope it goes well for you. Let us know how you get on.

Meg
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    I hope all goes well, including the travel, not what you need on top of the worries of the appointment itself. I'll be there, I should be able to pop in to your pocket in between my physio and GP appointments tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Yes, the appointment is enough without travel worries. Traffic is too unpredictable and uncontrollable. In such situations I tend to ask myself what is the worst case scenario. It's simply that you'd need to explain and make another appointment. Could be worse. Good luck, slomo.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    I will jump in your pocket tomorrow Slomo, as Meg suggested I always leave in loads of time if I'm early I go and have a cup of tea and I'm happy that I know I am going to be in time, as Sticky says the worst scenario is you explain and get another appointment. Good luck let us know how you get on x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Be there with you Slomo. Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    worrying is normal...will be thinking of you and hope it all goes well...
    Love
    Barbara