Simponi weight gain

Options
Alfiesmummy
Alfiesmummy Member Posts: 2
edited 14. Sep 2015, 12:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,I started on simponi in February this year after 18 months of unsuccessful dmard treatment...I was diagnosed setopositive ra 3 years ago...since starting ive gained almost 2 Stone! Has anybody else had this problem? Thanks.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Alfiesmummy,

I'm sure you will find lots of helpful advice and lots of understanding from the forum members, this is just the best place to be if you have arthritis!

I'm one of the moderation team, we're here to help you get the most from the site so if you have any problems at all send us a message and we will respond asap.

Do join in on any thread, wherever you feel comfortable and you will be made welcome

Take care
    Mod Yx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hello Alfiesmummy. I've never taken simponi / golimumab. I don't think we have many people on here who do. Maybe it works so well they don't need to come on here :D I've not heard anyone mention weight gain in relation to it. Steroids, yes, but not that.

I think we naturally put on weight as we get older. I've had to gradually ditch most sweet stuff over the years. If you're worried about it maybe your GP could help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Bovey1
    Bovey1 Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello alfiesmummy. I was on Simponi for 14 weeks. It didn't work for me. I put on a stone! Not good. Given steroid injection to tied me over before humira. Another 4lb gain. Now on a diet. I have ANkylosing spondylitis and osteoarthritis.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello alfiesmummy.. Sorry I cant offer any advice but just want to welcome you to the forum..
    Love
    Barbara