Hi again after 3 years...

Options
lorica
lorica Member Posts: 187
edited 16. Sep 2015, 05:34 in Say Hello Archive
Hi Everyone,

Wanted to say hello I originally joined the forum in 2010... This is my first time back since 2012, didn't think it was that long ago. Its been a tough few years...!

I do recognise a few names still active on the forum.

I suffer from PsA, OA and GA, I currently inject Enbrel weekly and have done for sometime now. Ive tried several of the drugs available MXT, Sulphasalazine, Humira, but they all stop working after a while...

Mark

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello again, I thought I recognised the name. I'm sorry that things have not turned out as you might have hoped, as far as I am concerned none of the meds I have taken have ever worked, in that I could feel an improvement and experience reduced pain, but I understand that my current unholy trinity (sulph, meth and humira) is controlling my PsA and has done for some time. I think that with the auto-immune versions control is what it is about, some do experience a reduction in symptoms but they seem to be increasingly rare (probably because these halls are haunted by those who are struggling). I am sure that the quicker the diagnosis and the faster one begins the meds the better the outcome may be - I've witnessed that at the hospital as people stroll in and out of their appointments with ease, which must be lovely - bet they still grumble though :wink:

So, apart from the arthritis, what else has been going on with you? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello again, Mark. I'd like to say it's good to see you back but I guess it's never good if arthritis is bad. It sounds as if the enbrel is holding back the PsA but, of course, it will do nothing for the OA. (GA? I'm not familiar with that.)

If nothing else, we on here can empathise and commiserate. Welcome back.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright