If I hadn't had arthritis...

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 22. Sep 2015, 06:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
...I'd have gone back to work once my younger son was at school.

If I'd gone back to work once my younger son was at school I wouldn't have had time to do the voluntary work which I took up to get me out of the house.

If I hadn't done the voluntary work I'd never have met some of the people (volunteers and clients) who most influenced my life for the good.

If I'd never met the people who most influenced my life for the good I'd be much more narrow-minded, judgemental, less trusting and less open than I am. (Note – I said more)

If I were much more narrow-minded, judgemental, less trusting and less open than I am I wouldn't have many friends and certainly no true friends with whom I could share anything and everything.

If I had no true friend with whom I could share anything and everything my life would be utterly miserable.

So maybe...

...if I hadn't had arthritis, my life would be utterly miserable.

:o :? 8) :D
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    What a wonderfully positive post to start a wet and miserable Monday morning.....Thank you Sticky!
    :)
    So I'll add my 'If I hadn't had arthritis' positive thought...
    If I hadn't had arthritis I wouldn't have learnt to let others help me in little ways that make life so much more accessible, I wouldn't have met so much kindness and care from strangers, friends and family, and I wouldn't have learned to look at life through other people's eyes appreciating that appearances often hide depths of pain or possibility.
    So maybe having RA has added positives to my life and living.

Over to the next person....what positives has having arthritis given to your life?

Deb xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Made me smile this wet and miserable morning! Thanks Sticky! :)
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    If I didn't have arthritis I wouldn't have got to know such a wonderful, supportive group of friendly people. I'm proud to be part of the forum and to be able to tell people that I am a member of such a fantastic group of people. I count my blessings, focus on what I can't do and forget about the things I can't attempt any longer.

Thank you Osteo Arthritis - it's not all bad. :lol:

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • emmaadams
    emmaadams Member Posts: 140
    if i didnt have arthritis

i would never have found you all , and most probably would never have learnt to take it easy and let other people help out and learnt how to delegate ....

i would never have realised how much i actually do/did for others ..
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I would be an international woman of mystery :shock: Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You mean you're not? :shock: You had me fooled! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben