Costochondritis or Not!

Options
DebraKelly
DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
edited 21. Sep 2015, 09:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
So as well as having RA, I also suffer from a condition called Costochondritis (Costo). It is a condition where you breast bone becomes inflamed, the symptoms are similary to having a heart attack.
It is bloomin painful!

I was diagnosed with Costo 2 years ago and have been having flare ups off and on ever since. I had a really bad flare up about 3 weeks ago and was off work for 2 days.

However, I have been back to the doctor since, as I now have other symptoms as well. My breast is very hot to touch and quite tender.

So I am being sent for a Breast Scan, to see if there is anything else going on, the doctor told me it was possible that I also have Inflamatory Breast Cancer!

To tell you the truth I am scared stiff! But I am hoping that is just my Costo giving me jip!

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sending hugs ((((((( )))))))) and positive thoughts. I hope the tests are done quickly and the results are reassuring. You must be feeling all afloat, but at least your GP is on the ball and getting things moving for you.

Deb xx
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Options
    Fortunately I have a very good GP and I trust him.
    That really helps!
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Good GPs are worth their weight in gold - hope everything turns out OK for you.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    It's not often I would wish someone costochondritis but I think now might be a suitable occasion. I hope that's all(?) it is but, as one who had breast cancer over 20 years ago, it's not necessarily as bad as people fear. Good luck and keep us informed, Debra.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright