Weekend written off! :(

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 24. Sep 2015, 05:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well my trip to the vampire turned dramatic, I wasn't feeling to great Friday morning had a bad night with hip pain, so when't to the Dr's. While waiting for my name to be called I started feeling a little light headed I thought it must be the surgery it always feels warm. Then my name was called and I made my way to the room next thing I was in a wheelchair being taken into the room. I had passed out on my way to the room! I was put on the bed my blood pressure was taken, very low, the nurse went and got my G.P she came 10mins later did my blood sugar very low and did my blood pressure again had dropped even lower. I explained how I had been feeling then it clicked It must be the start of another flare up. Had my blood test in the end. But the whole weekend I've been in bed feeling totally washed out and had a bad headache on top that has only cleared last night. My whole weekend has been pants!!

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry about your weekend, bubbadog but what did the GP say? Low BP, to the point of fainting in the surgery doesn't sound like the sort of thing where the GP would just accept that it might be the start of an arthritis flare. In fact, I've never had low BP as a result of a flare and don't recall anyone else mentioning it either. Did he / she organise more tests? Prescribe medication?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Bubba,

Sorry to hear you had a bad visit to the GP. My gut reaction - for what it's worth - is that this doesn't seem "normal" but you say a GP checked you over and one can only hope that s/he knew what they were doing.

I hope you feel a little better now.

Take care of yourself.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Sticky she asked me to do a urine test and asked the nurse to take an extra vile of blood to check some other things out, she said if I felt any worse or if the symptoms carried on over the weekend to contact the surgery straight away to come back in or go to out of hours surgery. To be honest I felt a lot better that evening, I do get worked up before having blood tests I should be fine with it by now but I just get freaked out by needles!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Ah, that sounds more reassuring. I'm glad tests were done. They should show if there's an underlying problem.

How low was your BP?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    Options
    I can't remember as I was in a mess, I just remember the nurse saying 'that's low' when he showed her the blood pressure machine readings, then when she did it for the second time she said to the nurse it's dropped again.