POCKET DUTIES PLEASE & LURGY IN HOUSE!!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 5. Oct 2015, 17:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Got double appointments on Wednesday! Seeing G.P in the morning and have my Pre-op appointment for my Bunion op in the afternoon so need pocket duties please.
And just to make things harder both my OH & I have come down with a sore throat & cough bug. My poor OH has been sick several times as well. So we're both got our fingers cross that it goes by Wednesday!
:zombie2:

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh no! Just what you don't need right now!

Fingers crossed that your germs go away asap, and best of luck for Wednesday.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope you're germ free by your appointment. Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I shall be thinking of you and wishing you well, bubbadog, but in your pocket when you're both germy :zombie-cat: No thanks. I have my flu jab on Saturday and don't want to be taking any bugs in with me.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options
    Count me in Bubbadog :)

I hope your bugs disappear ASAP!!

Love

Toni xxx
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Wishing you a speedy recovery from the lurgy. There are a couple of nasty bugs going around that include vomiting and sore throats, so it's pretty gutting that you both have a bit of both. :( I will be with you but accompanied by lots of anti-bacterial hand-gel. ;) x
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Good luck Bubba, I hope all goes well.
  • newhipandy
    newhipandy Member Posts: 60
    Options
    I know I am probably being dim here, but what are pocket duties? Sorry to hear you are suffering nasty lurgy, hope it goes soon.

Andrea :roll:
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    newhipandy wrote:
    I know I am probably being dim here, but what are pocket duties? Sorry to hear you are suffering nasty lurgy, hope it goes soon.

Andrea :roll:

Hi Andrea
    We are a supportive bunch here on the forum,so when someone has an appointment whether hospital or doctor etc.) we like to 'climb in their pocket' and go with them to give moral support.Pockets can get a bit crowded at times!
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Bubba, good luck with the appointments, I hope they go well. I'll jump in your pocket although the others may well want to "don" surgical masks or leave as I have a really nasty bug at the moment. So, your germs won't worry me one iota!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm sorry, Bubba, I won't be there because I have my own appointments but I hope they go well. Good luck with getting rid of the lurgy - it's that time of year when they come in droves and are reluctant to leave. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    GraceB wrote:
    Bubba, good luck with the appointments, I hope they go well. I'll jump in your pocket although the others may well want to "don" surgical masks or leave as I have a really nasty bug at the moment. So, your germs won't worry me one iota!

GraceB

So your unwell with one of these nasty bugs! Hope yours goes quickly as well!
  • newhipandy
    newhipandy Member Posts: 60
    Options
    "Hi Andrea
    We are a supportive bunch here on the forum,so when someone has an appointment whether hospital or doctor etc.) we like to 'climb in their pocket' and go with them to give moral support.Pockets can get a bit crowded at times!
    Ron"

Thanks for the explanation. I like that very much! :roll:
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Thanks Bubba, hope you and Mr Bubba are on the mend as well. I'm better than I was but didn't make it into work today. I intend to try to get in tomorrow.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!