New Laptop

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 6. Oct 2015, 05:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
Some of you may have read my "My laptop is dying" post?

I'm pleased to say that the engineer from J*** L***s came and installed my new laptop for me :lol: although, as I have apparently brought a brand new software package which has only been out a matter of a couple of weeks, he wasn't aware that the new laptop had some of this installed in the background. Then he had problems getting the activation codes for the software and anti virus. He was here 2 hours and I was delighted I chose to have someone do this for me as I'd have gone bonkers with frustration!

I'm now getting used to the new laptop, with 8 ram in it and 1 terabite - I have no idea what this means but I know it's quick! - I've been told I should have loads of space on the laptop.

I've got most of my favourites set up again and next step will be to copy my files (correspondence, pictures, etc.,) from the memory stick onto this new laptop.

Once I've had this new set up for a month I'll destroy my old laptop. My IT-savvy nephew (who sadly lives in the Midlands so is too far away to help practically), has told me what bits to take out and drill. With a power drill ladies, so I'll be able to wave a power drill around - albeit briefly. :lol:

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ooooooh, how exciting, I love new gadgetry! I would love a new machine but as this one is currently OK I cannot justify it. :( You were wise to get JL to install it for you, that was a smart move.

I hope you get on well with it, it certainly has a shed-load of storage and the speed must be refreshing! Mine reflects me, slow and creaky: if only I could defrag (or whatever) myself to help me speed up! :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Glad you got a new one Grace, are you getting used to Windows 10? I'm still adding bits and removing bits to suit what I want on it!! It is fun to learn new stuff and teach yourself how to get on with your new computer. I've watched the 'Help' section on Windows 10 and taught myself some new tricks. Hope you enjoy the power drill! :pumpkin:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I hope it proves to be a good 'un. Well done on ensuring all your vital stuff was saved.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Thanks. I'm still getting used to the new laptop. Yes, I was so pleased that the JL engineer did all the work for me; I consider it to be £59 well spent!

I decided not to go with Windows 10 at this point as I want to get used to the new laptop and printer first. I'm on Windows 8.1 and this suits me down to the ground.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Brilliant news Grace..I adore technology..especially when its new and just out the box...you enjoy ...
    Love
    Barbara