Burning sensation knuckles, long bone of thumb

Options
Jen
Jen Member Posts: 155
edited 7. Oct 2015, 06:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
I get from time to time this burning sensation, I've had it for years on and off even before arthritis diagnosed. The sensation is in the skin but it occurs when knuckles or long thumb bone in the hand is brushed against something. Like when tucking in a blouse inside a waiste band, or putting on a pair of gloves that fit tight over the lower part of the thumb side of hand.

I have been wondering if this is a symptom of arthritis and if anyone else experiences something similar?

I also wonder if it occurs before a flare but I am unsure at this stage because I have not previously been monitoring it.

Grateful for any feedback on this.

Best wishes Jen
flower2520paars.gif~c200

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    That doesn't ring any bells with me. (I have RA and OA.) I hope someone else can help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I had fizzing and tingling all over the shop in both hands (turned out to be carpal tunnel) but long after I developed arthritis. This sounds like 'one of those things' that one tolerates until arthritis becomes a possible reality, then one begins to wonder . . . .

If you haven't mentioned this to your GP before now (and why would you?) this might be the time. I don't think it's arthritis-related but I am not a doc. Please let us know what happens. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Jen
    Jen Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Thanks both, I will mention it to doc, its so infrequent but it has been going on for 2-3 years now, intermittently but when its present it is not easy to ignore.

flower1_small.gif
    flower2520paars.gif~c200