scan appointment has arrived

Options
mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 6. Oct 2015, 14:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
The appointment letter arrived yesterday,I'm to have a CT scan on the 30th of october ,I have never had a CT scan so it will be a new experience but considering the consultant said he would order it to be done urgent its quite a wait (or is it) anyway i phoned and said i would be willing to take a cancellation. Mig

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's always worth a try, Mig - you might get a cancellation. I hope it goes well for you whenever it happens.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I don't know what constitutes a long or a short wait but you've done the right thing by offering to take a cancellation.

At least you'll be ready to take up your broomstick for Hallowe'en. The AC Coven couldn't cope without you :pumpkin:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Options
    Hi Mig
    sorry you're having to wait a while for your CT scan. Hope you can get a cancellation and get it over with.
    It really is something of a postcode lottery isn't it? I'm almost embarrassed to tell you that when the rheumy told me at my first appointment that he was ordering a PET-CT scan for me, I got a phone call from the department a couple of days later and had it done within the week.

I'd never had such a thing before either and I think some people speak of feeling enclosed. I just tried to relax and drift away in my mind and it was soon over. The staff were lovely and nothing felt rushed and I had a lovely feeling of being looked after by them.
    hope it goes well for you.
    slomo
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I spent a week in hospital whilst pregnant waiting for a slot for a CT scan. I think they are sometimes a little more pressured for use than MRI and a little rarer. I even had to join a queue in the corridor waiting for it so I wouldn't miss out if an emergency came in and slowed the list down. I think it depends what they are doing too so if it involved dyes and other things they need different team members if that makes sense. It was a much busier affair than going for an MRI but peversely a much shorter experience.

I shall be in your pocket if required, I notice I've missed some pocket duties for you. Sorry (((())))
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Mig.I have never waited long for the MRI ones ..but the CT scan took around a month..hopefully yours will be shorter..will be in your pocket...
    Love
    Barbara