The Weakest Link

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
edited 7. Oct 2015, 11:00 in Living with Arthritis archive
Or' DMARDS and keeping bugs at bay.'

I do my best to avoid doctors' surgeries and hospitals when I'm about to go away but my body is like a disobedient child, never doing as instructed. So I was there this morning.

I duly used the alcohol gel after signing in (I seem to be the only patient who does) and again before going out.

And then, like all those buggy people who hadn't used it :skull: , I grasped the biro in the pharmacy to sign my prescription :shock:

Thank God for my little pot of alcohol gel. Poor Mr SW finds himself lathered in it whenever he enters his own home right now.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It can't be helped I suppose, the cleaning methods are there to be used but if people don't then that renders them useless. I recall that some hairdressing salons keep their combs in pots of cleaning or sanitizing liquids, I wonder if something similar could be done with pens? I admit I have a packet of wipes in my bag so use those to swipe over things, especially if someone has just productively sneezed in front of me!

At our old pub there were quite a few tables close to the lavatories - it was amazing how many people of both genders would waltz in, perform and waltz out without the sound of the hand-dryers blasting away. YUK. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    I have to admit - I rarely see anyone else but me use the gel at our surgery, nor patients at the hospital either. You can lead a horse to water etc. etc. I normally carry wipes and gel and keep spares in the car.

There`s a lady at church - I don`t really know her well - who always gets her hand-gel out after we all shake hands at the Sign of Peace. I use a wipe - you just cant be too careful. A friend tapped me on the shoulder before Mass on Saturday to tell me she was full of cold - I told her to either go away or wear a mask!!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Oh don't get me started on those people who heroically struggle on with a cold spreading their germs indiscriminately :zombie-cat: I met one such in the Post Office after the doc's. A sweet little old lady with her rollator saying how lovely it was to get out (in the pouring rain) after staying in for three days with her cold. I couldn't help but wish she'd made it four :mrgreen:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    On my recent 2 day trip to see Dr Rheum, I kept finding myself mashed between coughers and sneezers :zombie-cat: Somehow I've managed to miss out on getting a bug, thankfully. Maybe it was thanks to dousing myself regularly in sanitizer.

People with viruses, wish they would stay home :zombie2: