Weekly weigh in update

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 10. Oct 2015, 16:13 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well, I've been to my weekly weigh in at S*** W***.

Now, please bear in mind that the last weigh-in I'd maintained (no loss but no gain), and since then I've had an absolute pig of a cold which I just can't get rid of. It's obviously found a lovely home in me and has no intention of moving! :monster: As result, since Thursday I've consumed the best part of a bottle of sugar reduced R*****na as that's the only thing that soothes my throat and my cough.

So, I went tonight having followed the plan despite the lurgy, but not that optimistic. Well, a surprise awaited me! I've lost another 1.5lbs, making my total loss so far (I started the diet 1st Sept) of 7.5lbs. :D So next week I'll be collecting my first "half-stone" certificate and sticker. I wasn't well enough to stay to class to collect these tonight, so will be given them next week when I weigh in.

Now, if I can lose another 1.5lbs next week that will change my "tonnage" (stones) figure. I'm pleased to have got rid of the first half-stone, so now turn my attention to the next half-stone. By breaking it down like this it makes it manageable for me.

As is my usual approach, I intend to keep chipping away at this. I'll get there - it'll not be a quick journey, but I'll do it.

Thanks for the encouragement so far.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well done you. As you're battling a lurgy the good news must have been a real boost. Keep up the good work, and I hope you manage to evict your unwanted 'lodger' soon.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Well done grace its makes such a difference when you reach goals..you keep up the good work.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Well Grace that is FANTASTIC news!!!

Well done and feeling so poorly too.

Get well soon now

Love

Toni xxx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Well done Grace!!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Well done again, Grace!

I just swig gallons of tea. I find sweet drinks just make me thirstier.

A fine achievement. Keep going.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Thanks for your encouragement. I'll keep going.

I've still got this blasted cold! I've set a deadline of Sunday night and if I'm still coughing then like a 40-a-day smoker, I'll be asking Monday for a GP appointment so I can have blood tests. Oddly, my cough is really bad in the mornings. Having been anaemic in the past, I am naturally wondering as it seems odd that I just can't shift this bug. My partner regularly sees the district nurse and on Friday the one who came in said I should have cleared this bug long since, and agrees that I'm probably run down. We'll see what happens but the novelty of this bug has long since worn off.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!