Options
luke0586
luke0586 Member Posts: 5
edited 11. Oct 2015, 13:25 in Say Hello Archive
Hey all,

I thought of join this forum due to some problems I'm having,
Ild thought Ild put them out and see if anyone is experiencing anything similar.

I'm 29/m and have quite a long line of it in the family.
For the past 3-4 years I've been feeling a really bad discomfort/aching in my knees especially going from hot to cold vice versa.
Also other things what bring the discomfort on is sitting for long periods, driving(long periods), standing for long periods.

I've always had cracking in my knees for a few years now, this has especially became worse within the last year, sometimes it feel like the joint it stuck so when I crack it it hurts and feels stuck and in the very odd occasion it felt like my leg gave way especially after sitting standing for long periods.

I know you will all say go see a doctor, I attempted this and explain the family history and the fact my farther had crumbling knees but they just advised paracetamol and said that I am to young to get arthritis regardless of the family history.

Could anyone please give me advice and wether my symptoms could be arthritis connected?

Tia
Luke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums luke0586 from the moderation team

As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

Best wishes

Moderator JK
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Tia and a warm welcome form me
    Has a teenager I had so many joint probs but nobody took me seriously..I am now 65 so its a very long time ago,,you would think that things had moved on, you go back to your GP and be heard ..I know its not easy...at the min I have OA in quite a few joints..but polymyalgia rhumatica have been mentioned they are still doing regular blood test..this is how complex this disease is.there are a few hundred different types of arthritis...so please keep on at your GP to be referred to a Rheumy..good luck
    Love
    Barbara