Numbness - New symptom?

Options
LemonMerigue
LemonMerigue Member Posts: 62
edited 10. Oct 2015, 08:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
For the last few weeks I have been getting numbness in my my back between shoulder blades. It doesn't seem to occur very regularly, I thought perhaps it was to do with my posture but I've been making a concious effort to slouch less and it hasn't changed anything. Just comes and goes. It starts off feeling numb then gradually feels like a burning sensation. Has anyone else experienced this?

Is it worth mentioning this to my rheumy nurse/consultant?

Comments

• PetiteN
    PetiteN Member Posts: 87
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi lemonmerigue,

I've experienced odd sensations- tingling, pins and needles and sometimes numbness in one of my hands, and my feet. It's settled down now.
    I wasn't sure at the time if it was related to a joint or something moving and impinging on a nerve, or purely neurological, but I mentioned it to my Consultant, and she thought it was most likely fibromyalgia related with me (I have fibro and arthritis).

It's probably worth mentioning the next time you see someone? They might be able to get to the bottom of it?

N x
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I get a numb spot in between my shoulder blades. I have kyphosis of the upper spine due to PsA/spondylitis. It's a very arthritis-ridden area for me that is longstanding, so I assume it's due to that. Sitting or standing for long periods seems to make it worse. I lie flat when it's bad, that's the only thing that helps.

Sorry I don't have more answers.
  • LemonMerigue
    LemonMerigue Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks. I'll have a word when I next see someone.

I have PsA and it likes to hang out in my spine also. It does seem to dissipate when I lay down though as well.