Costochundritis Or Not!

Options
DebraKelly
DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
edited 13. Oct 2015, 04:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi Everyone,

As most you know I was diagnosed with Costochundriits (Costo) 2 years ago, as well as having RA.

Costo is a condition that affects your breast bone and it becomes inflamed. It is a very painful condition and the symptoms are similar to those of a heart attack.

The condition has been off and on and the past few months and has flared up badly again over the past few weeks. I visited my GP (who is very good) and he has referred me to the Breast Clinic for further examation, as its possible I also have Inflamatory Breast Cancer!

So my appointment is on Friday morning, I am terrified, but at the same time I want to get to the bottom of whats going on!

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I can understand your terror, Debra - but as you say, at least you will get some answers.

Costochondritis can be frightening in itself, let alone if it leads you to the Breast Clinic.

I hope the appointment goes well for you, and will be thinking of you.
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Best wishes for your appointment. I've had many scares over the years starting in my mid-twenties over breast cancer, I'm 49 now. All turned out to be inflammatory fibrocystic breast disease. There is so much fear waiting and wondering about the results after you are scanned, poked & prodded. It's hard not to worry but you must try. It really does no good and will potentially inflame your RA.

((((()))))Best wishes, I hope your results are like mine and do not involve the c-word.

Anna
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I remember you mentioned this before. I guess it's an odd thing to wish someone costochondritis but it does sound the better option. ....I think.....I'm now wondering as I had breast cancer over 20 years ago. One op and chemo and then all over. I guess it wouldn't necessarily be the worst thing.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright