Just another manic Monday!

Starburst
Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
edited 15. Oct 2015, 06:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
I had a busy weekend which was fun but I should have rested more as I am always completely zombiefied when I take humira and MTX together.

I woke up this morning feeling like it was Friday. <yawn> I was running late because I decided I wanted scrambled eggs which I burnt anyway. On my way out the house....but where are my keys? I found them in the fridge. Of course, where else would they be?! Now, very late, cue an embarrassed phone call explaining why.

My day was very busy and I got home later than usual this evening, feeling totally frazzled. I finally sat down on the sofa, took off my shoes and munched my way through some fruit. I dropped a raspberry but assumed the dog-hoover had found it. As I trundled upstairs to shower, I slipped my foot back in my shoes (saves carrying them!) and heard a squelch. Yup, found the raspberry. Happy Monday! :lol:

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Blimey! No wonder you are tired, I'm exhausted just reading about your day.

Hope the rest of the week goes more smoothly for you and you manage to avoid any more errant raspberries!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    found the raspberry
    Is that your version of the whoopee cushion? Good thing you didn't slip on it though.
    I put my slipper on the other day and assumed the slight lump under one toe was a sock wrinkle. Wrong, it was one of the 2 very large spiders which live on my stairs, and must have thought the slipper was a good place to hole up for the day....Now I have one large stair spider.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Sounds like quite a day! Your keys in the fridge incident reminds me of the time at work when I put my mug, empty except for a tea bag, in the microwave and then realised something wasn't right just in time to stop myself from pouring boiling water onto my wheat bag.
    Hope today is less eventful.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :lol:

Sorry. Shouldn't laugh...

...but....

:lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Hope today is a better one! Thank you for sharing a smile, much needed!

Deb x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Wow guys, nothing crazy like that just put OH's freshly made coffee in the fridge and didn't realise till he said 'did you make me a coffee?' I answered 'yes of course I gave it to you!' and pointed at an empty mat! So made him another one scratching my head thinking was I dreaming, opened fridge to get milk found the barely warm cup of coffee and shouted found the other one as if it was normal to find a mug of coffee in the fridge!! :lol:
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Probably good for the skin and maybe a range of shoes with raspberry foot masks in them could come from the squelchy mess?! It sounds like one of those days for crawling into bed and hoping the next day is a bit less foggy. My dog would have eaten the shoe in a bid to find the raspberry but he's a fruit addict.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    That didn't even include my working day. In between all that, I drove a 30 mile round trip to see a client who yakked away for nearly 2 hours and most of it was nothing to do with why I was even there! Then, I drove another 25 miles for an Occupational Health assessment (finally!!) that lasted all of 20 minutes and went very well. Then, I got home to type up the notes from the morning's meeting to find that someone had called THREE times in the space of a few hours because I did not instantly return their call, despite being explained THREE times that I was out and would phone them later. Who'd be a social worker, eh?!

I've been working a 4 day week with Wednesdays as my rest day and it's bloomin' lovely. I slept till 10 and I'm having a leisurely brekkie in my PJs. No fruit today which means the dog-hoover has his nose about 3 inches away from my plate. Why he couldn't have made a bit of an effort with the raspberry, I don't know. My shoes still smell fruity!
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Have a happy PJ day.......I too have a dog hoover sitting on my feet as I type :) , unconditional love on 4 legs and such good company. Your shoes could smell of much worse than fruit! :lol:

Deb x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I have been giving this matter due care and attention and wondered if a solution for the future might be to invest in raspberry coloured socks, slippers, shoes etc.

I am also utterly amazed that no-one has yet suggested the anti-inflammatory, all-types-of-arthritis-cure of toe crushed raspberry. Especially when consumed alongside a stick of celery and yard of tripe. No wonder you still have arthritis, Sophie :trick-or-treat:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright