Hi, Just Joined

Options
Positive
Positive Member Posts: 6
edited 15. Oct 2015, 08:47 in Say Hello Archive
Just a quick post to say hello. I have had to give up my work with horses due to OA in the spine. So it has been a difficult time dealing with the diagnosis and accepting my limitations.

I am waiting for the results of my medical assessment so am interested to see how other people have got on and how they cope with a much more limited lifestyle.

Much more positive now so hopefully can give encouragement as well as find out some answers to my queries.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums. As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

All best wishes
    ModA
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hello Positive and welcome to AC. You do, indeed, sound positive and that can't be easy when you've had to give up your work with horses. I used to ride (RDA only) until my surgeon got a bit protective about my knee revision but I did enjoy it and I know how hard it would be for 'horsey people' to walk away.

My arthritis(es) are RA and OA. Fortunately, my spine is the best bit of me so I can't help you much there but, if you post on Living With Arthritis, I'm sure our spinal people will be happy to answer any questions you have. Or, just commiserate. We all need that at times.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Positive
    Positive Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Thank you for the welcome and I look forward to joining in discussions. I think we have to be positive, at least on the outside ;) Even if we are screaming on the inside.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have two kinds of arthritis, psoriatic and osteo, plus fibromyalgia. Yup, my life has changed and not necessarily for the better but I prefer to adjust and move on rather than sit and sulk (although that can be therapeutic every once in a while).

None of us know what the future holds, I guess I am lucky in that I have never known truly good health so this is more of the same. For those who come at this malarkey from a healthy background it must be truly shocking and thus far harder to adjust to the new demands being placed on a tired and achy body. I have around forty affected joints but so far so good with my spine - I hope it stays that way. You are talking to the initiated on here, we understand the complications and frustrations that arthritis trails in its wake and I look forward to seeing your name here-and-there around the boards. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hello Positive, and welcome - you definitely have the right attitude towards your OA!

I can`t comment on spinal issues - I have RA and some OA too, but it all adds to the fun!!

Do keep posting.