T Cell Treatment

Options
stevew
stevew Member Posts: 25
edited 18. Oct 2015, 13:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI ALL
I am considering trying T Cell therapy which is very expensive and on offer in the Spire Hospital Cambridge. Does anybody have any experience of this form of therapy. I have asked a similar question before but I onky had one responce. I have accident induced arthritus of the left hip and I am desperately trying to avoid replacement if possible.
Regards to all
SteveW

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    One or two people have asked us about this but, to the best of my knowledge, only 'sturge' has tried it - unsuccessfully, but expensively I believe.

In a comprehensive article on it, Arthritis Research UK conclude "In reality, tissue engineering solutions for the extensive damage characteristic of moderate to severe OA are some way off".

See more at http://tinyurl.com/pzc8y9x

By the way, did you think you were posting on the Living With Arthritis forum? This one is for news. You might get more replies if you copy it to LWA.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Hi Stevew

I have taken the liberty of moving this thread to the Living with Arthritis form, as kindly suggested by stickywicket.

Best wishes
    Mod B
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options
    hi SteveW ,

with questions like you are asking , you should speak to a rheumatology consultant or ask your GP to refer you

the biological drugs , ie T cell & B cell have been around & been on both to treat Rheumatiod Artritis , they come under Disease-modifying antirheumatic drug https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disease-modifying_antirheumatic_drug , myself been on etanercept , golimumab & tocilizumab & Rituximab

these drugs are expensive & without funding we would not be able to have them but dont think they are used to treat osteoarthritis & why you should talk to a professional for the best treatment for yourself