Has anyone else got odd sized feet?...

Options
PetiteN
PetiteN Member Posts: 87
edited 19. Oct 2015, 07:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Due to having the JIA since childhood I have completely different sized, and shaped! feet.
One is a size 4, the other a 6.

I love shoes but HATE shoe shopping, and nine times out of ten I have to buy two pairs of shoes, so spend a fortune on shoes :-/
Clarks used to do a discount scheme for people with odd sized feet, but no longer do.

I wondered if anyone else on here has similar problems? I've looked around online for an odd sized shoe swapping type site! but to no success.

I'm just wondering if it's a fairly common problem in arthritics, or if it's just me? :-)
And you never know, if I found someone with similar tastes in shoes, a shoe swapping thing might work?!

I think that may be a long shot though! :-)

N x

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,

I'm sorry I can't help with your problem - it must be so frustrating for you, not to mention expensive. My feet have changed since RA took up residence with me, in that having been a size 5 since my teens, none of my shoes would fit, so I had to clear them out & start again with a size 6.

I hope someone can come up with an idea to help - there must surely be others out there in same boat.
  • PetiteN
    PetiteN Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Yes it's always been tricky, and my feet are very wide now too.

Thankyou.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    My feet are wide and I have a problem with the swelling on the top so I have to find shoes that stretch and depending on the make I have to go up 1/2 a size.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I don't have anything like a matching pair but I think mine are more or less the same length. One is wider than the other and the orthotist's foot scanner refused to accept that my left one was a foot :zombie-cat: I have had to wear surgical shoes since my 20s though so they 'iron out' the discrepancies when making them - well, that's the theory.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Everybody has slightly odd sized feet - the lead foot usually being larger than the other one...normally it's only half a size or so and people can't tell or don't really notice. I bet there is something out there on the internet but knowing the internet you might bump into a foot fetishest before you know it. I say this as somebody who once searched as to whether there was such a thing as an adrenaline come down - meaning after a release was there then a deficit like a sugar rush. Apparently, there are lots of kinky things where adrenaline suddenly leaves you. My innocence has been tainted forever so please be careful whilst hunting for odd size shoe sharers. :zombie-cat:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter