Pocket duties please, but not for needle phobics!

Options
Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 20. Oct 2015, 03:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have another test on Tuesday morning and this one is freaking me out a little. My OA consultant is trying to get to the root cause of the severe pain I'm getting not just in my neck where my OA is, but down both arms from shoulder right down to fingers and especially in my right hand/wrist.

He still suspects something neurological but I was discharged from neurology after one appointment for something else and he is clearly not happy with this.

I am having an EMG test, and I keep having visions of Frankenstien with me as the monster...the test involves having needles inserted into my arms and electric currents being passed through.

So any of you brave enough to come along will be most welcome, tea and cake after in my favourite tearooms. :zombie2:
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear! That does sound enough to freak one out but, if it gets to the bottom of things, will be worth it.

Alas, I can't be present on Tues am as I will be flying down to Heathrow but I shall send good vibes your way (by jet :wink: )

Good luck, Slosh!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hope you get some answers slosh..I will be in your pocket..especially with the promise of cake...good luck..
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Count me in Slosh. It is not as bad as it sounds I have had three of them and found them slightly uncomfortable not painful. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Will be there in your pockets,good luck. Mig
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Hello Slosh,

I hope this test gives you answers. I will be there with you; tea and cake for afterwards.

All the best,
    Sophie x
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Slosh, firstly I hope the tests give you some answers and that it's bearable whilst they're being done.

Count me in for pocket duties. Please let us know how you get on.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you all.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Needles don't bother me so I'll hop in your pocket too. Tomorrow is baking day in my house, so I'll bring some cupcakes to share.

Deb xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I have my art class but will be thinking of you. I think I had something similar done when they assessed my carpal tunnel syndrome, it certainly wasn't enjoyable but it passed. Good luck and I hope they can find out what is going on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Good luck for tomorrow Slosh. Mig
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you all.
    Julian of Norwich
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Options
    Will be thinking of you tomorrow, Slosh Hope it's all over and done with quickly and gives the necessary answers
    slomo
  • Slosh
    Options
    Thank you. Going to be a long wait for results though as I don't see my consultant again until the middle of January
    Julian of Norwich
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    Do you mind updating on what the test entails etc please? I've just got a letter through the post that I am having an EMG in a few weeks. :shock:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Good luck, I hope it doesn't last too long. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Hope it goes as well as possible, Slosh.

Meg
  • Slosh
    Options
    I'll post once I get back as at the moment all I know is that they insert needles into the part of the body they are assessing and then pass electric currents through to measure nerve and muscle function.
    Julian of Norwich