All these experts knowing how I should be.. RANT!

newhipandy
newhipandy Member Posts: 60
edited 21. Oct 2015, 05:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sorry folks but I must let off a bit of steam. Some of you will know that I have been very fortunate in having an uneventful and successful hip replacement in September ... my recovery is ongoing and I have had much encouragement on here. Those around me .... not so much. I voiced the other day that i have spoken to my GP and he is happy for me to return to work on 09 November which will put me at the beginning of the ninth week post op. "Oh,no!" said my friend. "YOu need at least three months off work to recover properly ...You will stiffen up and you will get too tired to cope ...." Erm ... not for me - particularly as I am not getting paid - haven't worked there very long (I am a secretary at a local GP practice - busy but not onerous in the sense of moving around ...I will manage and they are accommodating i terms of if I need to leave early etc) The next thing ... sadly, I have a very sick friend who lives in France and I need to go to see her while she is still well enough to have visitors. So I have booked a flight in a couple of weeks - not ideal I know but "Oh no!" say the doomsayers. "You shouldn't fly, you will land up with a DVT!" ... I could accept that if i was going long haul ... but i am not. Why are people like this? I am a positive person and wish others would try to be encouraging rather than have such a downer! That's it! :oops:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I remember hearing, many moons ago, a definition of expert: ex = has-been, 'spurt' = a drip under pressure.

You do what you feel comfortable with, it's your joint, your body and you are best-placed to determine what you can and cannot manage. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    You sound to be a very positive person, and dont lose that it will move you forward..there is no reason that you cant go back to work if you feel up to it, all I would say is make sure you dont sit to long..sure you wont..I do hope it all goes well for you..
    Love
    Barbara
  • newhipandy
    newhipandy Member Posts: 60
    Thank you for the responses! I am over it now, it was just the other day I felt as though everyone around me was doing my thinking for me! (micro managing I think it is called lol) .... ONE MORE DAY of TEDs, I have 6 week post op and physio follow ups tomorrow ...will report back afterwards. Best to all on this rainy day, no problem being indoors when it is like this!