There's always a reason, as I now know!

Options
GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 5. Nov 2015, 16:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
It's been wet here today and my pain has been out of control. I'd put it down to the wet weather but no - "operator error" I think is the right term! :oops:

I sort my meds into a tablet box and each day take one strip out. I re-fill this myself twice a week so I've always got a clear week's worth of meds ready. Each strip says morn; lunch; eve; bed. Easy enough to follow?

When it's a work day for me (as today was) I take my lunch meds out of strips I carry with me.

Tea-time tonight I went to take my early evening meds, muttering to myself about my pain and I looked at today's tablet strip. Yep - there they were! This morning's meds still sat in the box saying "morn".

This was the first time I'd missed a dose of meds and, I can assure you, to the best of my ability, it'll be the last time. However, at least I know why I was struggling today. It also explains why I was desperate for meds at 11am when I'm usually okay enough until about 12noon or thereabouts.

So my early evening meds were supplemented by a 50mg Tramadol in order to try and get things back under control a bit. I've had a shower and will take my late evening meds as usual. And as I missed all my meds this morning this confirms my hot flushes tablets are still working - I've sat in front of a fan all day and am now by an open window, and my reflux has been playing up too.

Lesson learnt!

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh, I have soooo done this too. Wondering what the heck is wrong with me at about noon and why I feel desperately awful and painful. There it is, forgotten to take my meds. The worst part is it seems to ruin the day entirely because it takes the rest of the day for the drugs to really work. I try not to do it but sometimes I have a really good morning and I forget all about the meds! Best to take them because I always feel horrendous by the afternoon. Live and learn, I agree.
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Happens to all of us,hope you're feeling better now. Mig
  • emmaadams
    emmaadams Member Posts: 140
    Options
    hope your feeling better :)

it does happen to all of us im afraid and we dont usually notice untill we go to take our *supposed* nest set of meds ... i would say i have learnt my lesson in this matter but is till forget time to time . i even bought a box just like yours to help remind me( ive still forgotten once or twice).. i now keep it in my pocket at all times that way i dont miss a dose
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I didn't do exactly the same but similar......I take naproxen at 7am and 7pm and MST at 9am and 9pm.
    Took my naproxen as norm with dulllers, got ready dressed etc. Was sitting downstairs and at 9am took the 2nd Naproxen instead of the MST :oops:
    I worried a bit about taking the 2 together {2 hours apart} instead of 12 hours apart. Rang the doc and was told I will put you on the list for a call back......but that could be this afternoon I said.....yes it could. It says on the leaflet if you take too many tablets ring doc immediately......That didn't make any difference. She put me on the list.
    I rang 111.....answered a lot of questions then was put through to a nurse practitioner who asked what weight I was what height I was and a few questions like that....then contacted the poisons dept online and came back and said that was OK for my weight etc. Just don't take the 2nd one tonight...Go ahead and take the MST.....different family.
    I'll not do that again in a hurry :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I didn't get much sleep last night as I was obviously down on my meds but I'm hoping tonight will be better. Still wet here so I'm still very uncomfortable but that's usual for me.

Hileena, sounds like you were going round in circles! But at least you got it sorted which is great. My late Father always used to mutter - and moan, bless him - that there wasn't any common sense in the world any more. How right he was!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Grace
    I eventually got it sorted out and it was OK but how does a receptionist know that!!!!!!! I'm on PPG ....I think that's one to the things I'll bring up at the next meeting.
    I'm suffering as well......I'm in the North East and its been damp, drizzly and foggy for days now and that makes the pains worse.
    Take care
    Love
    Hileena